Traktor pro 4 crashing

Charlieboy
Charlieboy Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hey guys using the new Traktor pro 4 all was going well at my gig last night then boom it crashes waveform disappeared and sound completely cut off had to quit the app and use Traktor pro 3 instead but didn’t even wanna quit and to force quit on it in the end anyone else experiencing any issues yet?

Best Answer

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 645 Pro
    edited July 19 Answer ✓

For me, common causes have been Windows updates during while playing, new installs of any software without restarting the computer (including Traktor).

Any changes to playlists, I also restart before playing live. Because I have crashed in the past while editing playlists. As well any changes to midi mappings.

Over the years I really haven't had many crashes while live. Most are only when practicing by the causes mentioned above. Maybe only 3 or 4 times while actually doing a DJ set. I have had way more crashes using Ableton that Traktor.

Everyone has different systems and reasons. But hopefully some of what I mentioned might help stop any further issues.

Answers

• Martiniix_NI
    Martiniix_NI Customer Care Posts: 299 mod

Heyo!

Sorry to hear that it happened in the middle of an event, which operating system are you using?

• Charlieboy

hello there I’m using the latest apple operating system with a MacBook Air m1 16gb ram 1tb ssd

• Martiniix_NI

okay, has it happened again recently? Sounds to me like it could have be an specific track or corrupted file.

• Charlieboy

tbh I haven’t used again due to Traktor pro 3 being very stable which I need to live performances but I’ll run it again soon and try get videos if it happens again

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 645 Pro
    edited July 19 Answer ✓

For me, common causes have been Windows updates during while playing, new installs of any software without restarting the computer (including Traktor).

Any changes to playlists, I also restart before playing live. Because I have crashed in the past while editing playlists. As well any changes to midi mappings.

Over the years I really haven't had many crashes while live. Most are only when practicing by the causes mentioned above. Maybe only 3 or 4 times while actually doing a DJ set. I have had way more crashes using Ableton that Traktor.

Everyone has different systems and reasons. But hopefully some of what I mentioned might help stop any further issues.

• Martiniix_NI

Thanks for the useful info @zephry

can you please give us an update when you use it? @Charlieboy

• Gully B
    Gully B Member Posts: 13 Member

I've had the same thing happen twice in the last week.

They were both 6 hour sets and the crash happened both times in the first 30 minutes of the night. So embarrassing!

The first time was when I loaded a track from Beatsource, so it could have been that. But then last night it was a normal analysed track that I've used loads of times in the past, so I know it's not a corrupted file (as it worked after rebooting).

This is on a brand new Macbook pro M3 pro with 18gb RAM.

• franklooper
    franklooper Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Ive had numerous lockups/crashes since I installed TP4. No Windows 11 updates recently. It happens randomly, and it never happened with TP3. The fix is a reboot, unfortunately.

• DJ-Andre
    DJ-Andre Member Posts: 114 Advisor

Please provide the crash logs when crashes happen. Telling us you had a bunch of crashes but not providing any info will not help solving the issues 😉