Traktor Pro 4 is here!

Comments

• leeway
    leeway Member Posts: 3 Member

So when buying this upgrade, we don't need Traktor Plus subscription to have those features? Are all TP3 mappings backwards compatible?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,182 Expert

Yes, no need for subscription.

Yes, old mappings still work.

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 266 Pro
  • rutierut
    rutierut Member Posts: 7 Member

OMG what a surprise. With a lot of the strong negative feedback that has been provided over the past year or so I’m super happy to give credit where it’s due. These are awesome changes that bring Traktor back to the forefront. I wanna give a big thanks to the people on the Traktor team that undoubtedly worked hard on this. Furthermore, I’m extremely glad you chose to give this a major version upgrade considering the changes and made the upgrade paid. The team being unable to monetize hard work and big improvements helps no one. I’m upgrading asap and again, thanks for all the hard work!

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 194 Advisor

Actually this was the reason why I have bought it instantly, without waiting for the discount.

• textek
    textek Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm the owner of three Traktor HW products (S4, D2), but in Native Access the update is not available, Anyone can help me pls?

• onkel-joz
    onkel-joz Member Posts: 1 Member

I am actually pleasantly surprised, because the problem that annoys me the most (browser flicker) and the features that I miss the most (live stems, flexible beatgrids) have finally been addressed. Much too late, of course, but still. Better late than never.
    Now it's time to find out if everything works as promised and is stable, I'm curious!

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,515 Expert

The stems are not really "live" like other software. They have to be saved.

Also the beatgrids are flexible, but each track has to be adjusted manually.

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 266 Pro
    edited July 17

I have had the opportunity to test TP4 for more than 10 hours live, and others stress tests, and the stability has been perfect, no problems at all. For me, the program is 100% reliable. One fact, no beta tester had any stability problems, this is very big!

• imianwilliams
    imianwilliams Member Posts: 18 Member

I have Traktor on two MacBooks, & my library lives on an external drive which I use with either machine..

I understand that in preferences I can tell Traktor to save stems to a folder on the external drive. But if I create stems using my faster mac, will they be visible to Traktor when I open the app on my slower mac.

…..will stems be "portable" between my two traktor installations?

This discussion has been closed.