NKS User Library

Comments

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 98 Helper

I've tried to bulk tag the presets inside Diva, but I cannot figure out how to "drag onto a tag". Can you please explain.

• Rikk Show

I think this limitation has been discussed before. I guess we need some dare devil to hack a db file or something to make it work.😲

The AAS patches works beautifully, so 3rd party libraries obviously make the library files show up in plugin view. But maybe any hack will be lost as NI updates stuff in the background. Some day maybe...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod
    edited November 2022
  • Kymeia

If we are referring now to the S Series Mk II keyboard, as I said above it's a question of where you place the image thumbnails - see the info.txt file in the NKS user library (or my comment above) for details

• Rikk Show

Excellent! Unfortunately the Diva tags did not transfer over to the NKS I make. Not sure what is happening. I cannot see why the NKS get some different tags, but not the tags the presets have in Diva. Strange actually.

• Kymeia

They have done for me but in some cases they get changed to an equivalent - uhe made sure they stayed close to tags used by NKS but they are not 100% the same so sometimes they get translated

• Rikk Show

Here are NKS for some freebie FXs. All made in Windows with VST3 plugin.

Royal Compressor - currently free at AudioDeluxe with a purchase.

Waves StudioRack, free VST3 fx host (Really a must have with parallel and mid/side processing, 8 macros)

Bassline - a new plugin that generates side harmonics while keeping the original bass mono

• Rikk Show
    edited November 2022

By the way, the above NKSs have NICE graphics, like this:

• Rikk Show
    edited November 2022

Hmm, yeah. Don't know why. And I checked I have the latest version installed on Windows. Those presets have Bass, Pad etc in the name so it is OK, I'll just leave it as is.

The save to NKS only exists in Diva VST2, I tried to see if Diva VST3 would do it properly, but the function wasn't there...

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro

All LABS in VST3

Fixed some incorrect mappings and previews. Tags importing from database and some fixes applied too

• Kymeia

I know - and at the moment even if it could they would still open in the VST2 :( U-he are aware of it, but need our patience letting them deal with it, they are working on many things at the moment

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 107 Helper

So am I understanding this correctly?

1. The plugin that opens can be changed by changing the uuid in the nksf preset files.
    2. Even if the above is true, it is useless because the parameter IDs get mismatched and the preset files does not work properly.
    3. The above is only true is unless the author of the plug programs the plugin for VST2 to VST3 migration.
  • JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,596 Expert
    edited November 2022

Basically.

Its the PLID not the UUID that needs to change and it’s no longer a simple 8 byte number it’s a sequence of different numbers I assume because it’s a container with multiple targets. It actually has the VST2 and VST3 calls now in the PLID and it is possible to make it open either VST2 or 3 if they exist but the control IDs completely differ from VST2 and 3 so a whole new map has to be created. Also, some VST3 plugins I tested just don’t load the preset data when you use it from VST2 and some just crash so it’s all over the shop with issues that in some cases will need all the NKS to be redone

EDIT: Well the info I gave above is how it was when I was testing the Beta and developing tools. I did hundreds of tests and had things loading just fine by simply updating the PLID, sure controls were an issue but the actual preset would load.

Now, I have discovered none of that works. They appear to have changed something in the last few Betas which now causes none of what I have done to work, presets load the VST but are now not loading the actual data. I may know what this problem is but this will take many more hours to test and at the moment I seriously CBF looking at it. Might take a few weeks off trying to even test this ****** at the moment, it's got me pretty miffed and considering boycotting all my updates now.

• Rikk Show

Anyone making new NKS:

PLEASE state if they were done/tested with the VST3.

Anyone holding a repository please make a directive with VST3 verified NKS files.

This would be super useful.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,596 Expert

For now, I would simply suggest unless something specifically states it is VST3 it is not.

My site for instance states on every page VST2 so that is simple. I will then update this as I work through each and every plugin that it works with VST3.

Next problem: Just because something is VST3 does not magically mean it works on macOS, still needs to be M1 compatible after that and that is the devs area.