NKS Development Discussion

Comments

• spicemix
    spicemix Member Posts: 69 Member

I would like to thank everyone for keeping on contributing!!! I found a mint Maschine Mk3 very affordably to go with the B-stock S61mk2 so I have a full NKS setup now. It's nice, I remember early days when I had a KORE 2 and tried to set this up and it was too slow and clunky to really be worth it but it was a great concept and now pretty much nets positive. Even for FX I think it's handy, especially for creative FX in Maschine.

I used Jester's hack of moving everything into the Factory library and picked up several of his NKS libs so I have Omnisphere, Falcon etc all on the main menu. Downloaded VSL and EW Opus too, which leaves OT's SINE player the only significant thing not on the menu other than the Spitfire issues.

I'm well aware SINE basically has no automation access and lost a year of development (I'm guessing personnel issues?) but it would still be nice to have on the menu even if just as a pretty way of loading the plugin without any previews or automation. Since this is an enormous thread, what is the best way for me to make a simple NKS? I'm exceedingly technical so hit me up. I could even end up contributing to the archive.

• spicemix

Nice thank you Sunborn!

Looks like enough of a PITA that I'm happy to continue paying someone else to do it. But maybe I can eke out a simple one for SINE that just makes it look nice in the window.

Since I asked I discovered you can just bop the 4D dial and get a crummy UI for selecting any plugin right from the controller. And then shift and edit brings up the plugin window in Maschine. So it's more just about having a complete factory list for me on SINE, which doesn't even have presets as such. On the others I certainly appreciate all the librarian work people have done!

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 86 Helper

Yeah the lack of presets on SINE mean you'd have to make decisions about what fits your workflow for each patch, which may or not work for someone else and def would be a lot of work.

• spicemix
    edited February 11

Yes and annoying you don't get both Kontakt and SINE versions and OT demanded fealty to SINE when they (I'm guessing) couldn't even keep their key dev cranking on it and we all just sat there for a year in radio silence.

Makes me think though, perhaps a set of BabylonWaves-compatible NKS presets would be a positive development. Since BW sometimes ship their own presets for the articulation mapping. But being selfish for my time maybe I only do that for my template. This again is the sort of thing where open standards would be worth the work, but proprietary things get less value added to them because they become too niche. But for now I like this browser even if woefully partially fulfilled by NI (we should have any of their hardware controlling any plugin, in any of their wrappers if not direct, anywhere).

• spicemix

OK so I produced the graphics and meta files and got SINE player NKS working fine on my KK3 and Maschine 2. Although I didn't get the categories in because I believe I would need to downgrade to KK2 to enter those. I also can't post a link here on the forum as I'm still considered suspiciously new. So is there a drop folder I can upload these to? Someone can make a new preset for the user content that has the categorization I suppose if they're running KK2. I use by-vendor list anyway which works fine as it is so it wasn't worth the hassle for me to do it.

• spicemix

Trying to post the SINE Player file here on the forum...will they allow it?

• spicemix

Since it looks like that did upload, and since I was irked by UJAM's having NKS for STRIIIIINGS and DRUUUUMS but not BRAAAASS I decided to do the same limited graphics-only NKS for SE-BRAAASS. I only have the first preset and no categorization, and please someone if set up for this go ahead and add the presets and categorization and controls! But at least it doesn't look ugly now on the menu.

• Luis Santiago
    Luis Santiago Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 11

Hi!

I have a kontakt nki instrument that when opened in KK it appears in the plugin chain window with the wrong name:

The library is NKS "ready (with Nymbank). Vendor, Product and Library names are ok. The library appears ok in the new browser. But in the plugin chain window, no name and image.

Would anyone have a "light"? What do I need to do to get the correct name to appear?

Regards!

☺️

• geiger167
    geiger167 Member Posts: 38 Member

Ujam Brass has already been posted I think with all presets and stuff I think (well I'm sure cos I just checked lol)

• spicemix
    edited February 12

If it ain't in that giant archive on Dropbox, I ain't gonna find it in a 146 page thread. Does this forum have a decent search function? Maybe google with site:community.native-instruments.com ? Why would it be excluded from the archive? Lost in the shuffle? I can understand my lame graphics-only contributions for being excluded of course.

And thanks for calling that to our attention

Oh they misspelled it dropping the last S

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

Does this forum have a decent search function?

Not really :(

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

Why would it be excluded from the archive?

Because I wasn't aware of it either - and I only put stuff in the archive I have permission to

• spicemix

I hereby grant you and anyone else nonexclusive worldwide perpetual permission to share, modify, rewrite and whatever else you want to do with any NKS I upload to this forum, no attribution required (and if modified, attribution is verboten, don't blame me for what someone else did). Of course, once again with feeling, my "NKS" are just lame graphics versions just because I couldn't take the vibekill of the generic plugins on my shiny new screens, so I don't blame you for not sharing them if you decide not to.

Thanks again for all your hard work in organizing all this!

• spicemix

I preferred my graphics/color as they were more brand-consistent, but thanks for the presets for whoever did the SE-BRAAASS.

Speaking of which, since not everything is included in the Dropbox, if someone would like to create an index file of links to user NKS that aren't included in the archive, and include that index file in the dropbox archive, that would be absolutely awesome and we would build monuments remembering your sacrifice.