NKS Development Discussion

Comments

• Acrilix
    Acrilix Member Posts: 4 Member

Traction's Dawsome LOVE has now been added as a free gift if you buy something from Plugin Boutique in the Black Friday sale. Anybody have an NKS file for this multi-effect plugin?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

Yes I made NKS for LOVE - available in the NKS User Library/Current/Dawesome folder

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023

Just posted NKS for this neat little EQ from Pulsar Audio

Available from the NKS User Library/Current/Pulsar Audio folder

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023
  • Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 102 Helper

Sonic Charge has a webpage that converts from TX16W format to Cyclone. But most have already been converted, check their forum. IIRC they have the links. You need to LOAD the floppy img from the plugin. It works EXACTLY like the Cyclone OS, in fact it IS the Cyclone OS running inside a 68000 emulator. The manual has all details how to use it. It is pretty powerful with layering/filters etc. If you save the plugin state in KK or as a fxp the samples are also saved, so you only need to load an img once this way!

Some floppies have 30 patches, so do not miss gems besides the default.

• Kymeia

Just bought a new toy

So I know what I'll be doing this weekend (ie playing with it but also making a NKS template)

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023

OK here is the first draft of a VPS Avenger 2 NKS template

available in the NKS User Library/Current/Vengeance Sound folder

Note, this is just a controller template - I have no intention of saving over a thousand patches to NKS by hand - I will leave that to someone like JesterMcGee with the skills to use scripting to carry out such chores. This is not intended to replace what I am sure will be a much more thorough job from Freelance soundlabs in due course but just to enable me and anyone else who wants to, to play with this with hands on control, now

Also it is my first draft, I have definitely left a lot out. The synth itself has thousands of params, it has up to 10 oscs and filters, envelopes, LFOs etc, but most patches use just a couple and the max I have come across is 4 in the factory patches so I mapped 4 oscs and filters, and prioritised the first 2 in the template (plus macros of course). I have deliberately left a lot out, as it is there are 30 user pages but I think that is already more than enough for usability, but it is possible I have left out something really crucial so may need to edit it further as I get more used to this very complex and deep synth.

Also added the larger banner needed for MkIII

btw it sounds great!

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert
    edited November 2023

I just wish they would fix Avenger 1, still seems to crash using VST3 and the Arp!

I honestly don't like doing Avenger, mostly because the developer is not very nice at all in the dealings I have had and the prices of their expansions are insane. Dont even try and ask for a discount for the whole bundle, seems to offered the guy. No idea what people see in the plugin, it's nice but not $500aud nice, for that cost Omnisphere which is leagues better

My original Avenger templates were custom per preset since many parts of the synth is modular like envelopes, filters, amps etc so I managed to make a way to reflect this in each preset.

EDIT: WoW, even the upgrade price is a ripoff. I cannot see all that much improvement to justify $150 upgrade cost, and that is WITH the $71 Black Friday discount. Think i'll pass on this one, overpriced and overhyped and just not interested in this plugin these days.

• Kymeia

prices of their expansions are insane

Yeah I noticed that but tbh most of it seems to be EDM focussed anyway so not my thing, I just like how powerful this is and how easy it is to create my own patches with.

So far seems stable enough, at least it let me map it fine, unlike Spire which is still horribly unstable in VST3

• Kymeia

My original Avenger templates were custom per preset since many parts of the synth is modular like envelopes, filters, amps etc so I managed to make a way to reflect this in each preset.

Yes I would probably do the same if I started saving NKS, I might do that just for my favourites, I thought with the template I made it's easier to delete pages than add them so I made it with enough scope for that to be possible.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert

Not sure i'll invest in it, I said ages ago I was never investing in more of their stuff, just on principal's alone based on the terrible service I had in just asking some questions and if they offered a bundled deal for all their expansions ($120 per expansion aud is IMO insane!!!) and even with the current discounts, it's overpriced EDM garbage. Give me Sylenth any day of the week over Avenger.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023

Here are the NKS for imagiro autochroma, a fun granular effect where you can have up to 3 simultaneous and asynchronous streams of granulated audio in play, captured from a performance

Available from the NKS User Library/Current/Imagiro folder

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023

Adding some more templates to the Reason Rack Pack

IVOKS Electromusical Synthesizer is the first new one, this is an emulation of the Polivoks (I think maybe the only one)

Now also added one for Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer

Added Viking VK-2 Modular Synthesizer

Available from the Reason Rack Pack folder in the NKS User Library

The Reason Rack Pack now includes NKS templates for:

Reason Native:

Subtractor

Malstrom

Thor

Europa

Grain

Monotone

Reason Studios Rack Extensions

Algoritm

Complex

Friktion

Objekt

Parsec

PX7

Scenic

Third Party Rack Extensions

Blamsoft Expanse

Blamsoft Viking VK-2

IVOKS Synth

JPS Harmonic Synthesizer

Macro Synth

Resonans

Spectra Additive Synth

Turn2on WTFM synth

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023

Largo 2.01 is now out, it fixes the NKS implementation to work with the VST3 properly now. However they have still only converted the factory bank so all the others I converted may still be useful. One good thing is it now recalls the size it was set so all those patches I saved with an enlarged GUI no longer revert to 100% every time one is changed. I still think my template is better though, theirs is a bit of a mess, it's more comprehensive but it doesn't prioritise the features needed for performance, it just follows the automation ID numbers

• Daniel
    Daniel Member Posts: 27 Member

@JesterMgee Can't wait for your update for Nexus 4 NKS. I am very curious.