How to get support for my s88 mk2

2»

Answers

• Michael Leary
    Michael Leary Member Posts: 45 Member

You know I keep on repeating thus.

Not working on DAW.

Sound from s88 to Native KK (any vst) or Kontakt setup to a 16 ch StudioLive mixer that is already set up in windows 11 as the working audio output. The s88 briefly yesterday made a sound after weeks of trying, on the wrong ch, and promptly hosed the KK setup producing similar app log error entries. Tried looking for manual and finally got it in lieu of bad NI web links. Read it and am finished with what was posted here, assigning midi to the SudioLive mixer ch9/10. Started K7 abd more errors, no sound.

Other instruments, keyboards work in mixer, but granted, s88 has no direct audio.

Let it go if you're still fixed on a DAW. Still waiting on a ticket I opened from NI.

I appreciate the good leads, but support in this decade is not the same as my 40 years in software development.

Audio from s88 to my SL (win audio device) mixer speakers. Acknowledging the req. of KK and K7 etc. for routing. Almost there. ...?

Sorry for your grief.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod

You know I keep on repeating thus.

My apologies if I missed something and sorry for any grief my attempts to assist may have caused.

Sound from s88 to Native KK (any vst) or Kontakt setup to a 16 ch StudioLive mixer that is already set up in windows 11 as the working
    audio output.

The s88 briefly yesterday made a sound after weeks of trying,

Other instruments, keyboards work in mixer, but granted, s88 has no direct audio.

Not trying to be a smart a** , but just so we are clear , no S88 makes any sounds , period ! Albeit advanced ones then they are midi controllers and they control software. It's the software that generates the sounds that are made.

But it all makes me end up apparently causing you grief because it makes me want to try to ask questions that you apparently find that you have either already answered or you think not related. Also , I do not know anything at all about your "16 ch StudioLive mixer" or "Studio One" or "Realitone" for that matter so I think that I should maybe better leave this trouble-shooting to you and others.

My apologies for having bothered you.

• Michael Leary

No, I am still trying to find the block to get audio from s88 mk2 to the mixer ch 9&10. Today it produces Windows the two App log errors I posted. I know, this posting is too much info. I can't get enough info on the audio ability I see others doing with the s88.

I've searched so many places for the last several months. I want to use my new s88 like a performance keyboard, outside the DAW. I already have set it up in the Studio1 DAW that is set up with the same settings and is the default Windows Audio device.

All DAW work currently does get out of the PC and into the StudioLive mixer's input ch15&16 for live sound along with the rest of things. I'm just not focusing on the DAW function.

The StudioLive mixer is a 16ch x 4aux mixer from PreSonus. The Studio1 DAW IS using it as the audio device as well. My problem is not with Windows nor DAW use.

I want audio routed from s88 into windows thru NI KK/K7 (as configured) and then configured back out to mixer, and it IS showing the mixer channels in those NI app in/out settings. I briefly got sound to this mixer yesterday when opening NI Komplete Kontrol. But it went to ch1 instead of the configured ch 9&10. It then crashed when i tried to change to back to ch9/10. Sound no longer.

I had to stop and do updates and read thru manuals but not much more info there. Currently the correct ch9/10 is set back up in K7 but when opening KK it looks to be crashing with two specific app errors I posted. But configure wise it is not fumbling like yesterday when the s88 actually started playing audio, just was connecting to the wrong mixer ch1 that was in use by the Digitech. Not the configured ch9/10.

This mixer is USB connected. Uses Universal Control app to get audio to ch 15/16 from the PC (Think sound card/output). It's the Win 11 computer audio device configured that I am working with for all input audio for mixing to Main out to speakers. Live sound in studio and further routing both in & out.

My std. Korg keyboard, MIDI & audio, mics and all are using the mixer for audio and configured as usual. This s88 obviously has no audio out. It's a controller for NI vst. That I can do in DAW.

This StudioLive mixer is configured in PreSonus Universal Control application. It also emulates and automates fader channels, EQ etc. (not mechanically) so I do not need to lay my hands on the board.

MIDI is not used specifically to control the mixer. I am not really concerned with the mixer MIDI. But it is USB connected. All my MIDI is USB connected.

All instruments, mic and keyboards connect with the mixer.

My quest is routing s88-NI-Windows audio back out to mixer (or MIDI in general as configured in K7/KK). I am at the audio portion. No sound today

I was almost dancing yesterday until NI locked up. Hence the app log crash entries.

I've combed thru YouTube videos, kb articles at Native. PreSonus, etc., CoPilot ai browser quests and so on. I just see ease of LCD automation examples on s88 to K7 on alot of YouTube. I am not getting s88 looking or acting the same. I even found one famous composer video who swapped out his normal midi keyboard for an s88 mk2 but never explained how he was successful. He never mentions a DAW.

I am a music composer and also a Windows software developer since 1978. Also active Microsoft developer partner. I don't think it's a Windows issue.

Just stuck with a nice s88, 288 vsts and wanting to mix audio sounds from it.

Before I get too old I'll jump in to my Maschine mk3 harswarenext. It has audio out though.

🙃

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod
    edited July 11

How to get support for my s88 mk2

I am a music composer and also a Windows software developer since 1978. Also active Microsoft developer partner. I don't think it's a Windows issue.

The StudioLive mixer is a 16ch x 4aux mixer from PreSonus. The Studio1 DAW IS using it as the audio device as well. My problem is not with Windows nor DAW use.

As far as I am concerned then there is something basically wrong with this whole line of conversation that you have somehow managed to create here. Not only have you turned a question about your "get the s88 mk2 to operate its display on the top correctly as shown on many discussions for setup" into a question about what appear to me as being about your routing audio to your PreSonus hardware but also you have somehow managed to create a situation where you feel entitled to disregard any and all logic and questions with a reference to your own credentials.

For me then your PreSonus hardware mixer audio problem routing via PreSonus software does not belong here. This is a forum for taking care of problems with the N.I. hardware and software. On top of that then we are not equipped to take care of PreSonus audio routing problems.

Here the basics is the functionality of the N.I. software and it's interfacing with the N.I. hardware. Dealing with that involves dealing with the basic functionality of the N.I. apps and N.I. drivers on Windows and to some extend the N.I. interfacing with DAWs. Your sound routing to external hardware mixers and the use of external hardware mixers is beyond what we should have to engage in.

I want to use the S88 keyboard on the mixer ch 9/10 and Korg Kross is already on ch 3/4. I am trying to channel sound setup in Komplete Kontrol and then out my Win 11 pro audio output which is a PreSonus StudioLive mixer. Windows audio good on mixer ch 15/16. Opening up KK worked for a while (All MIDI channels came up checked). No sound. I unchecked and when checking a specific listed channel for Studio One - no sound with a Realitone item loaded. I get nothing on any channel and eventually cannot change
    channels. I reboot to clear it up.

Here we need to get back to square one which is the functionality of the N.I. keyboard, N.I. drivers and N.I. apps and it is simply not working if you are going to try to make it otherwise.

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\ScanPluginsApp3_x64.ex

This is what we need to examine here , the functionality of the N.I. app Komplete Kontrol . Like does the Komplete Kontrol app start as stand alone app and does the app produce sound when used with the N.I: keyboard ? If not then let us try to examine that.

Otherwise then if you think that there is problems with the N.I. software when used in connection with a "PreSonus StudioLive mixer" then you need to contact PreSonus support and N.I. support. N.I. support is here and support in specific for Komplete Kontrol is here.

• Michael Leary

"Trying to get sound out of S88 mk2 and into mixer." That was the question. I could not get to the NI page 2 link for an mk2 manual.

I've stated i have had sound in the os and mixer enough.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,851 mod
    Answer ✓

@Michael Leary Again, the Komplete Kontrol plug-in or keyboard, don't have an influence on sound, it's just like any plug-in in your DAW. It seems this issue is gone anyway so no need for endless debates.

For the keyboard not being recognized, my colleagues will get back to you as they'll need to check your system, we've exhausted what we coud do in this Community.

This discussion has been closed.