NATIVE ACCESS 2, Kontakt 7 problem

Michelle68
Michelle68 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited July 7 in Native Access

Hello i just purchased Kontakt 7 version and having issues removing the previous libraries i had which was Kontakt Player, I have not installed the libraries that has appeared in 7 full version from the free version. I completely removed the free version and went into my Registry to remove any libraries and anything that was leftover. iv'e tried everything with no results, does NI have to reset Native Access or my account? Thanks

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,007 mod
    Answer ✓

It ought not have been necessary to remove the player version when upgrading to full. Also it I would not advice deleting stuff in the registry yourself unless that you use a professional tool. N.I. themselves advice against using registry cleaners all together, they have their own tool for that : Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows). If you need to remove anything then try using the NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.

Else advice is that you should be using latest version of Native Access for your OS (unless you are using a legacy OS , Mac 10.15 and earlier / Win 7 downloads) , though at the moment more people have had issues with the latest version why sometimes users need to downgrade to version 3.8.1 : N.A. 3.8.1 WIN , problem is though that the app auto-updates on first startup and N.I. doesn't allow either that I tell you how to stop that.

Anyway then try uninstalling what you want using Windows uninstall and then use the N.I. reg tool to remove any left overs and following the then see if you can re-install using newest Native Access.

If you still have problems the please report back and please include all relevant information including computer type , OS version , Native Access version , Kontakt version , and any other info that might be of help including error messages, an eventual screenshot of problem. Or alternatively contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support right away instead.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    Answer ✓

It ought not have been necessary to remove the player version when upgrading to full. Also it I would not advice deleting stuff in the registry yourself unless that you use a professional tool. N.I. themselves advice against using registry cleaners all together, they have their own tool for that : Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows). If you need to remove anything then try using the NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.

Else advice is that you should be using latest version of Native Access for your OS (unless you are using a legacy OS , Mac 10.15 and earlier / Win 7 downloads) , though at the moment more people have had issues with the latest version why sometimes users need to downgrade to version 3.8.1 : N.A. 3.8.1 WIN , problem is though that the app auto-updates on first startup and N.I. doesn't allow either that I tell you how to stop that.

Anyway then try uninstalling what you want using Windows uninstall and then use the N.I. reg tool to remove any left overs and following the then see if you can re-install using newest Native Access.

If you still have problems the please report back and please include all relevant information including computer type , OS version , Native Access version , Kontakt version , and any other info that might be of help including error messages, an eventual screenshot of problem. Or alternatively contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support right away instead.

• Michelle68

Yeah, I removed the Kontakt player free version. Before I purchased Kontakt 7 full version, I can't understand why the previous libraries ended up in full version? I deleted everything pertaining to the free version. I went into the registry also. They are just libraries I'm not interested in keeping that will just take up space on SSD and Memory. I have contacted NI support on this issue as well.nice they have a chat feature now as they seem not to have a U.S. number? Only Germany international number. Thanks, Poor Fellow

• Michelle68

I have Native Access 2 and Kontakt 7 full version

• PoorFellow

nice they have a chat feature now as they seem not to have a U.S. number? Only Germany international number

Alas there is no end-user phone support at all. There is only the support interface with the recently introduced chat feature when available and as far as I know this feature is also only for some type of issues. : How to get in touch with our Customer Care

• Michelle68

Yeah, chat feature saying that no one is available, wait for our email. Still waiting for an answer…🙄