My sustain pedal is not working for Kontakt

IAFJCMinistry
IAFJCMinistry Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited 9:23AM in Kontakt

I use Kontakt 7 as a plug-in for mainstage. when I load up a library, the piano is sustained the whole time. I tried to look for the problem but I couldn't seem to find the solution for it. My MIDI keyboard is an Arturia keylab essential and my sustain pedal is proline universal with a polarity switch.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod

Hello,

have you tried the midi message monitor, like this guy shows here:

• IAFJCMinistry

@Uwe303 Yes, I have. My pedal works for my other plugins this is just the only one that doesn't

• Uwe303

Is it with all pianos in kontakt or a specific one. Have you tried to automate the sustain pedal and does it then behave differently or is it sustained all the time no matter if you press the pedal or not.

• IAFJCMinistry

@Uwe303 It's with all pianos in kontakt an yes its still stays sustained no matter if I press it or not

• Uwe303

Can you make a picture what the midi monitor shows if you press and depress the pedal?

• IAFJCMinistry

I am holding my pedal and mainstage is detecting it so as kontakt

• Uwe303

If you move the pedal up and down, does the 5 pin plug sign, left from midi ch. blinks? it should with every incoming midi signal.

• IAFJCMinistry

@Uwe303 Yes it does

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

How is the pedal behaving in Kontakt in standalone?

I see this on your screenshot:

Is there another assignment on CC64? CC64 is the MIDI CC for sustain, there shouldn't be a need for further assignment. Have you tried to delete this MIDI assignment?

This discussion has been closed.