Pedal for S61 Mk3?

Trekkie
Trekkie Member Posts: 34 Member
edited 12:01PM in Komplete Kontrol

I'm wanting to add a pedal to the S61 Mk3 that I've had for six months now. However, I am wondering if there is a pedal that would give me more than 'sustain' that I should look at?

I have the list from the website, but I admit to only having used pedals on a piano before so I was wondering if there were other things you can do with that pedal and maybe one that isn't an on/off only isn't the best option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod

Hello,

i own a s49mk3, you can connect up to 4 pedals, some are simple switches (simple damper pedals) some have a potentiometer so the hardware has a resistance to mesure and convert it to midi cc 0-127. I have a nektar np-2 and it works great with that keyboard, the installation and the setup was easy. You can of course map it like you want, to a midi cc number you want, then learn or map it to a parameter. So you can clearly do much more than just mimic a piano, you can control synthesizers and much more. It´s really the same as you turn a knob on your hardware or midi controller. if you own one. Let´s say you play a flute with your left hand, a bass with your right hand, you can then control the dynamics of the flute with the pedal (or a filter cutoff, resonance, lfo amt ,whatever)

• Trekkie
    Trekkie Member Posts: 34 Member

cool. Thanks for the information.

This discussion has been closed.