Analysis function in Traktor Po 3

Heiri Arnold
Heiri Arnold Member Posts: 18 Member
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hello everyone

I have a question: Can I rely on Traktor Pro's analytics feature? Does the software always analyze my music correctly? So the software always sets the beatgrid correctly and always sets the BPM value correctly? And is the key value always correct? If not, how can I check this and get a reference and check if it is correct?

Thank you for the answers!

Best Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,398 Expert
    Answer ✓

No, you can't. No Software im aware of can do that perfectly.

For the grid you can either look at it and the waveform or listen to it and active the metronome.

For the downbeat you need to listen yourself.

Traktor is roughly 80% right when it comes to key. Which makes it one of the better dj software. You can pump it up with mixed in keys to 90%ish. Or learn how to hear it yourself.

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓

If the BPM is wrong, the grid will be wrong. (Unless it's half/double bpm)

Maybe try to find some beginner tutorials. There are plenty on youtube.

The manual of traktor is also pretty detailed.

https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/traktor-pro-manual/en/global-concepts.html#beatgrid

Answers

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓

No, you can't. No Software im aware of can do that perfectly.

For the grid you can either look at it and the waveform or listen to it and active the metronome.

For the downbeat you need to listen yourself.

Traktor is roughly 80% right when it comes to key. Which makes it one of the better dj software. You can pump it up with mixed in keys to 90%ish. Or learn how to hear it yourself.

• Heiri Arnold
    Heiri Arnold Member Posts: 18 Member

where does the Beatgrid begin? And how do you know how high the BPM really is? And how do I hear which key value it is?

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓

If the BPM is wrong, the grid will be wrong. (Unless it's half/double bpm)

Maybe try to find some beginner tutorials. There are plenty on youtube.

The manual of traktor is also pretty detailed.

https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/traktor-pro-manual/en/global-concepts.html#beatgrid

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 156 Advisor

Always? No. Usually? Yes. Traktor's key and BPM detection is usually regarded as the best of any DJ software

This discussion has been closed.