Foot Pedal with Native Instruments?

Shreks Crush
Shreks Crush Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited 9:22AM in Kontakt

Hello,

I own a Komplete Kontrol A49 from Native Instruments and recently bought an M-Audio SP-2 sustain pedal.

I plugged it into the "Foot Pedal" input at the back. However, the pedal does not seem to work. In various programs, such as the Basic Piano from Native Instruments, nothing happens when I press the pedal. Attached are images of the program and the settings in Native Instruments. The sustain pedal should technically work, as I receive an input signal in FL Studio 21 (see attached image). But even here, the pedal does not function.

So, what should I do?

It is plugged in, it seems to be working, and as far as I know, my settings are correct.

Has anyone experienced this problem and can help me?

Thank you :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Shreks Crush
    Shreks Crush Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I "fixed" it.
    Make sure that the cable is pluged in all the way.
    On my keyboard, it took a lot of force, but it has to be fully inserted.

• Omnichromatica
    Omnichromatica Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

If you have not looked at your Midi section of FLS21 or any other version, you should.

There is a section in the MIDI tab close to the bottom below the output and input areas that shows your connected controllers.

Below that there is a section where there are 3 dots you can select.

One of those says "FOOT PEDAL CONTROLS NOT OFF". Make sure that, that is selected.

There is also another way to get the generated sound effect of the sustain pedal which this is a little more dificult to accomplish. But I will try and help you achieve this.

So open your .flp project file that has Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt in it. Go to "Options" on FLT21 click "MIDI Tab"l unselect the "Foot pedal controls note off" look at the browser window. Click on "Current project", that should drop down a selection of sections related to your project. Click on "Generators" this will drop down another menu that shows your current projects VSTs. If you are using a free version of KK or Kontakt this should still work. Click on KK or Kontakt generator. This menu should scare you at first but that's okay, it scared me at first too. What I want you to do now is scroll all the way down until you find the "MIDI CC #64 (Damper pedal (sustain)) and right click on it. This should bring up a menu where you should see a section that say "remote control" and right below that it says "link to controller…" click that and stomp your sustain pedal. Let me know if this accomplished anything for you, Hopefull it did. HAPPY MUSIC MAKING MY FRIEND!

• Omnichromatica
    Omnichromatica Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Also you may want to check and see if you have the sustain controller in the right pedal port on the back of your midi. There should be 2 ports back there. one is for stustain contol and the other is for a modulation foot pedal which you have to set up manully in FLS. Make sure you put the sustain pedal in port A.

This discussion has been closed.