Native Access software update for Kontak 7 failed.Could not create new file/truncate existing file.

norhangini
norhangini Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Native Access

Visited your knowledge base for more information and already follow as interaction but still failed to update with Downloading message has failed. Application paths is correct:

/Application/Native Instruments/Kontak 7

Question is why the update not able to perform?

For your info, my iMac with the same Application Paths is okay without any problem. Is it because my MacBook Air M1 is not compatible with the system? or is it the software issue for M1?

Best Answers

• Mert_NI
    Mert_NI Customer Care Posts: 501 mod
    Answer ✓

Can you please request a chat support or open a ticket so our customer care team can help you with this https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA

• TG music
    TG music Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

I have the exact same problem. In May 2024, N Access installed the KONTAKT Player 7 update without any problems. Since then nothing has changed on my computer. Although the path is the same, it complains about the path being set wrongly. Obviously, you guys crewed this up somehow. I guess we just wait until you guys figured this out.

Classic NI!

Answers

• Mert_NI

Hello norhangini, this error is generally happens due to wrongly set installation locations, so to solve that can you please make sure that your installation locations are in the correct path.

The default locations would be /Applications/Native Instruments and /Users/Shared.

Also for the "Download Location" part, it must be set to a dedicated downloads folder (for example, /User/*user name*/downloads).

Can you please try to change these locations as they should be and let me know if this does change the situation afterwards☺️

• norhangini

I have followed as instructed but it is still not possible to update Kontak 7 newest software. But why when I update Kontak 7 using my iMac intel there is a problem using the same paths? Why is the rest of the update okay but only Kontak 7 failed?

• norhangini

while using iMac intel, there is no issue arising in the Native Access library but when I use it in my MacBook Air M1, this problem arises even if it has the same file paths as in the iMac intel. I am confused when asked to change the file paths to a user/shared and download. Any other alternative for a basic guide?

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Can you please request a chat support or open a ticket so our customer care team can help you with this https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA

• norhangini

Okay, will do it later. Thanks.

• TG music
    TG music Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

I have the exact same problem. In May 2024, N Access installed the KONTAKT Player 7 update without any problems. Since then nothing has changed on my computer. Although the path is the same, it complains about the path being set wrongly. Obviously, you guys crewed this up somehow. I guess we just wait until you guys figured this out.

Classic NI!

• norhangini

yup! You are right TG music👍! We just wait for them to figure it out. Every time there is an update, this problem will arise together.

This discussion has been closed.