Flickery, quite random animations on the interface of Massive X? (MASSIVEX-240)

Options
matty
matty Member Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2022 in Massive X & Synths

I'm talking about on the top bar of the plugin. There's a slanty white line across the top that flickers on and off when using the plugin, and the Massive X and NI logos flicker. Also when clicking a number next to a Macro control to drag it somewhere, the whole interface flashes black and white. I find it just a distraction.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

habe you updated your graphics card drivers? What system do you use? I don't have that problem at all.

• brian
    brian Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

This appears to have been fixed. I have not experienced this issue in Massive X 1.4.2.

Thanks to the developers.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

habe you updated your graphics card drivers? What system do you use? I don't have that problem at all.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

It would also help to tell us in what DAW this is happening, what operating system, so we can check it out and try to reproduce the issue.

• matty
    Options

Hi,

How do I do that? I never usually have to do that with plugins. Thanks.

• matty
    Options

Of course, I forgot. I'm using Windows 11 and FL Studio. Thanks.

• Uwe303
    Options

Hello,

the easiest way is if you tell us what kind of graphics card you use, if you use a laptop y what exact model, you can use a tool like gpu-z to find out and cpu-z to find out what exact cpu you have.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Have you heard of this issue on FL studio before? 🤔

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Kaiwan_NI No, that looks like a graphics card issue, @matty Have you been able to update the driver for your graphics card ? What graphic card does your computer use ?

• matty
    Options

Hi, yes I updated my graphics card but no success to fixing Massive X. I've also found a post that describes the same issue I'm experiencing: Massive X Glitchy GUI | NI Community Forum (native-instruments.com)

• brian
    edited July 2022
    Options

I also experience this problem. Frequent flickering in the top bar, with occasional flickering throughout the UI.

Intel Iris Plus Graphics with up to date driver version 30.0.101.1994. Intel Core i7-1065G7. Dell XPS 13 9300.

Windows 10. Ableton Live 11.

Super 8 has similar graphical glitches.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@matty Can you post screenshots ? The post you mention has this picture, is that the same for you?

@brian Can you also post screenshots of this GUI glitch?

• brian
    Options

Here are a few. In Massive X the triangle across the header bar and the missing elements in the header are common, and can be reproduced just by moving the mouse around the window. I have seen glitches similar but perhaps not the same as the one you posted, with triangles across the entire window, but can't reproduce right now. The Super 8 glitch with the black header is the only one I recall seeing in Super 8, and I can reproduce it fairly reliably by clicking the NI logo.

• brian
    Options

Here are a few. In Massive X, the triangle across the header and the missing elements in the header are common and occur just moving the mouse around the window. I have seen similar but perhaps not the same as the one you posted, with triangles across the entire window, but less commonly. One less dramatic example is below. In Super 8, the black header bar below is the only glitch I can recall seeing, and it happens occasionally while moving the mouse around, and more reliably by clicking the NI logo.

• matty
    Options

@Jeremy_NI It's the same for me, it happens whenever I move the mouse across the window and click things.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@brian @matty It is indeed a bug, filed under (MASSIVEX-240) that affects some recent graphic cards and processors. This will be fixed in the next Massive X update. Unfortunately we don't have a date for this update at the moment. We're really sorry for the inconvenience.

• brian
    Options

Thanks for looking into it and providing the bug number. I'll look forward to the next release.