Are Massive and Massive X plug-in missing in KK or is it just me?

Hatmando
Hatmando Member Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Both Massive and Massive X plug-in show in my Komplete Kontrol but give the famous error "Could not load Plug in" warning. Back to Native Access and neither of them show in the installed list, available updates or the not installed list there so I can't re-install them. I've got the presets but that's all. How do I fix this?

Best Answer

• Eight4aWish
    Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper
    Answer ✓

Kontakt is a rompler type plugin/standalone instruments. It plays samples. People, including NI, build sample based instruments for it. There is even a native M1 version. Massive and Massive X are other NI instruments. Massive comes in plugin/standalone versions. It's old (a classic). Some people swear by it. Massive X is only available as a plugin. Komplete 13 Select includes Massive. You have to go one higher and get Komplete 13 if you also want Massive X.

Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

I can see both in my NA (on Mac) but can only see Massive X in KK. Running stand alone and rescanning doesn't help and I seem to be missing a huge percentage of my NI and other presets. I don't use it a lot so don't know how new this is

• Hatmando

That doesn't answer my question Tony, I think you need to ask your own question about missing stuff.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

This is not a Kontakt related question, so moving the thread to the appropriate subforum.

• Hatmando

Sorry to contradict, perhaps I wasn't absolutely clear but what I'm saying is when I upgraded to Kontakt 6.7 (as shown in the last picture) both Massive and Massive X are missing. As this is my first time asking for help on the forum I don't know what thread would be better suited to ask the question?

Thanks for moving the question to one though.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Updating Kontakt has nothing to do with Massive nor Massive X, they're completely different things.

• Hatmando

So are you saying the Massive and Massive x plug-ins are not included in the Kontakt 6.7 upgrade? Where can I pose this question and get some help please, obviously I'm not getting any here.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,503 Expert
    edited May 2022

Where can I pose this question and get some help please, obviously I'm not getting any here.

Calm down there buddy!

Silly question I am sure, but do you actually own Massive or Massive X? What Komplete bundle do you have (Komplete 13, Komplete Select...)? Kontakt is a separate plugin from Massive.

The fact nothing appears in Native Access suggests either you do not own these plugins or they are not on your account for some reason.

If the presets appear in Komplete Kontrol this is strange but possibly you installed a demo of these at some stage which made the presets appear and KK doesn't have a good way to clean things up. The "Plugin Not Found" is not a "famous" message, it's as it says on the tin.... The preset you are loading cannot load because Komplete Kontrol does not have that plugin listed in the plugin list here:

Where KK is looking for plugins is in the LOCATIONS tab:

If the plugin you are trying to load a preset for is not listed and does not exist in this location, it cannot be found and the message is what you get.

You can add additional locations to scan if you know you have plugins in other locations, but only VST2 64 bit plugins are detected (and some VST3 Native Instrument plugins) and of course, if you do not have a plugin installed at all and you cannot because it does not appear on your account then the issue is not a "missing plugin" it is a preset library for which you do not have the plugin for.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,099 admin

@Hatmando It doesn't seem like you have either Massive or Massive X in your account.

Were you using these before ?

• Hatmando

I bought my NI KK (A61) midi keyboard and it came with Komplete as part of the package, then I realised it was only the free player version so I upgraded to Kontakt 6.7. That's when I noticed that although Massive and Massive X appear in my KK Library along with a load of presets but doesn't seem to exist on my computer at all. I wonder if they were perhaps player only versions in the original package? I have never downloaded them and assumed they had been part of the Kontakt 6.7 upgrade. Now I'm thinking about upgrading to Komplete 13 Select because Massive shows in the ad for it, is that correct?

• Eight4aWish
    Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper
    Answer ✓

Kontakt is a rompler type plugin/standalone instruments. It plays samples. People, including NI, build sample based instruments for it. There is even a native M1 version. Massive and Massive X are other NI instruments. Massive comes in plugin/standalone versions. It's old (a classic). Some people swear by it. Massive X is only available as a plugin. Komplete 13 Select includes Massive. You have to go one higher and get Komplete 13 if you also want Massive X.

• Hatmando

Thanks for your clear explanation, the main problem was that a lot of samples I have used Massive and won't play without the Massive plug-in. I'll go ahead and upgrade to Komplete 13 Select right away and 'bingo' problem solved. Thank you very much Eight4aWish, you are a ray of sunshine.