Kontrol S61 mk3 incorrect sustain pedal values

Anders Boström
Anders Boström Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited 10:53AM in Komplete Kontrol

After power on of the keyboard the sustain pedal always trigger cc64 value 0 when sustain pedal is pressed and value 127 on release. This is independent on invert or not invert setting.

As soon as I modify any setting for the sustain pedal (for instance change off value from 0 to 1) the values sent are reveresed and the pressed down value sent is 127 and pedal release sends value 0 (or 1 if that is kept). The setting for invert doesn't matter, same values sent for invert on as well as invert off.

Power cycle of the keyboard returns the values sent to the incorrect ones (i.e. reversed, sustain on = 0 and sustain off = 127).

Any suggestions what this can be caused by? I have modified all sustain pedal settings and tried everything, but behaviour is still the same. Very annoying to have to enter sustain pedal setup every time I'm using the keyboard.

Sent values are monitored by the ShowMIDI application, so I can clearly see that any change to the sustain pedal settings trigger the change of values sent (from incorrect to expected)

Best Answer

• Anders Boström
    Answer ✓

The pedal is a Pulse PS-1. I have it working right now, but I had to change the values sent for on and off as the invert setting seems to be ignored. The pedal has a invert setting itself, but I can only get it to work by setting the pedal to NC (normally closed). With the pedal in NO (normally open) I cannot modify the setting in the keyboard in any way to get a consistent and working behaviour (i.e. I want midi value 127 sent when pedal is pressed and midi value 0 when released).

Answers

• Gilbo
    Gilbo Member Posts: 21 Member

I also had many issues with sustain and expression pedals on my MK3. For the expression pedals it just did'nt see them until I clicked the "invert" thing. I even though that was broken. And for the sustain pedal I had a strange behavior : if I just pushed it on time it maked the sustain infinite even if my foot was not on it. I don't know if it's a similar problem as yours but for now I managed to make it work when I switched the invert button on the pedal itself. But I don't know if you have that button on yours, maybe it can help. For the pedals, I also had many problems with the MK2, so now when it doesn't work I just play with all the parameters until I find the one that magically works 😅, but it's annoying… it can work, and the next day it doesn't anymore, and I have to "play" again...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@Anders Boström First of all, sorry to stumble upon this thread so long after you posted it. What model is your pedal?

• Anders Boström
    Answer ✓

The pedal is a Pulse PS-1. I have it working right now, but I had to change the values sent for on and off as the invert setting seems to be ignored. The pedal has a invert setting itself, but I can only get it to work by setting the pedal to NC (normally closed). With the pedal in NO (normally open) I cannot modify the setting in the keyboard in any way to get a consistent and working behaviour (i.e. I want midi value 127 sent when pedal is pressed and midi value 0 when released).

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

Glad you found a way to make it work. There will be some improvement on the pedals implementation in the coming updates.

This discussion has been closed.