Who can use my Kontakt 7 crossgrade license ?

Gilbo
Gilbo Member Posts: 21 Member
edited 9:21AM in Kontakt

Hello, I would like to sell or give my friend my old Kontakt 7 bundle crossgrade license (because I had a new one with my MK3).
This is my problem : when I bought that license, it was a crossgrade with Komplet select 14 and only that. But now, that crossgrade does not exist anymore, it a crossgrade from Select OR any free kontakt player library.
So I wonder if I can tranfer my license to someone who just have a free kontakt player library. It would be very easier for me to sell it (or I could give it to my friend if he wants it, because he only have free Kontakt player libraries but doesn't have the Select).
I asked that question long ago in a ticket to NI but never had an answer.
I hope someone could tell me here.
Thanks a lot !

Tagged:

Best Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    Answer ✓

The name of the cross-grade most often say what it is for, if it says cross-grade for Komplete Select then that is what it is and what it requires. But since you apparently didn't get an answer from support (often reason is that ticket were not really made or lost) then I will ask if @Jeremy_NI could you please take a look at the above ? (Jeremy_NY ought to get back here some time next week)

• Gilbo
    edited May 19 Answer ✓

Thank you very much PoorFellow. The name of the crossgrade is only "Kontakt 7 Bundle Crossgrade". I just remember when I bought it (2022 november), it was a crossgrade from Komplet select 14 only. But that crossgrade doesn't exist anymore now.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    Answer ✓

The name of the cross-grade most often say what it is for, if it says cross-grade for Komplete Select then that is what it is and what it requires. But since you apparently didn't get an answer from support (often reason is that ticket were not really made or lost) then I will ask if @Jeremy_NI could you please take a look at the above ? (Jeremy_NY ought to get back here some time next week)

• Gilbo
    edited May 19 Answer ✓

Thank you very much PoorFellow. The name of the crossgrade is only "Kontakt 7 Bundle Crossgrade". I just remember when I bought it (2022 november), it was a crossgrade from Komplet select 14 only. But that crossgrade doesn't exist anymore now.

• Gilbo

Hello again ! Just to conclude that story and give the definitive answer : I just gave the Kontakt Bundle crossgrade to my friend (who doesn't have the Komplet Select) and it worked ! (I made him install a few Kontakt player free intruments before). So the final answer is YES. An old "Kontakt 7 Bundle crossgrade from Komplet Select 14" also works if we only have a free Kontakt player instrument, as the new license does.
    I hope the info will help, thanks again to those who responded !

This discussion has been closed.