Native Access 1.14.1

stephen24
stephen24 Member Posts: 383 Pro
edited 1:51PM in Kontakt

What the **** is going on here?

A few weeks ago, I managed to instal East West Quantum Leap Symphony Orchestra Silver Ed on my W10 computer. It was a bit tricky and I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I got it installed. I was using Native Access 1.14.1.

Yesterday I started trying to instal EWQLSO Gold Ed on a newly formatted PC. In Native Access I got a pop-up saying that NA would be replaced by an up-to-date version when it was closed. This indeed happened and 1.14.1 was deleted.

What do they think they're doing, deleting software on my computer without my consent?

When I tried to download it again from the Legacy page, the link to NA 1.14.1 in fact downloaded version 3, so not only is it being deleted from our computers, but it is now been made unavailable for download.

Version 3 doesn't work for these libararies - you get this *invalid path" > non-existent nicnt file gobbledegook.

Fortunately I had a copy of NA 1.14.1 on another computer and I copied the entire NA folder to the new computer and miraculously it worked, and I was able to instal my library.

I appreciate that NI have their hands full with people who can't get their software to work, and I'm in a tiny minority with my legacy stuff, but I do recommend that if you use NA 1.14.1, you back up the entire NA folder before you do so.

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,078 Expert
    edited May 15

v1.14.1 is retired and will be withdrawn completely in Feb 2025.

If the latest NA (3.10.3) does not work with specific libraries - you should contact NI here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053677-Native-Access

Trying to "stay" with NA v1 will be painful as all modern updates for most NI stuff has been removed from this version.

This will only get worse as we roll to 2025.

VP

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 354 Pro
    edited May 15

It was announced on this Forum in several locations that NA v1.x would be made redundant and no longer operate prior to May 1st of this year.

This has also been forwarned for nearly a year.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    edited May 15

When I tried to download it again from the Legacy page, the link to NA 1.14.1 in fact downloaded version 3

As far as I am concerned then that appears as being an incorrect statement . (Ref. PC download) : Native Access Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems , Direct Link to PC version here.

I both downloaded and unpacked file to check.

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 383 Pro

Yes. The deleting behaviour seems to have gone too. Thank goodness for that.

I would still recommend people with an interest in these old libraries to back up a copy of the Native Access folder.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    edited May 15

Even better , save all your old N.A. installers also. I have both version 1.xx and version 2 (as in 3.xx). I don't have the version 2 (as in 2.xx) since I did a boycott on N.I. back then since it wouldn't install and I simply couldn't be bothered..

This discussion has been closed.