license transfer

Options
Fabner
Fabner Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi everyone, I am the owner of a Komplete Kontrol s88mk2 master, purchased with the Komplete 14 select package then upgraded to standard, I would like to sell the master while maintaining the Komplete Standard, my question is the following, when I sell the product can I also transfer the license of Kompete Select while maintaining my standard Komplete product that I will use with another master (Komplete a49)? Or if I transfer Komplete Select will I lose the ability to use Komplete Standard? Please help me because I can't understand this problem

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,338 mod
    edited May 8 Answer ✓
    Options

if I set the flag only on S88 MK2, only the master license will be transferred together with the Komplete Select which is included with the master , Right?

Yes , only transfer the "KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 MK2 HW" , then you keep all your own software (including your Komplete Select) and the buyer gets their own new copy of Komplete Select after keyboard is registered to their account.

(You don't transfer and can not transfer Komplete Select if it came with a keyboard , but since Komplete Select is base software for S-Series keyboards then buyer gets their own copy for free when they register the keyboard)

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,280 mod
    Options

Here's the official page describing what happens - https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210288845-Buying-or-Selling-a-Native-Instruments-Product-Second-Hand

When you sell the keyboard you give the buyer a "Transfer ID" not a licence number. When they register the ID into their account they get the same software that you did when you bought the keyboard. You keep the software as well so your upgrade chains stay intact.

• PoorFellow
    Options

Or if I transfer Komplete Select will I lose the ability to use Komplete Standard? Please help me because I can't understand this problem

Komplete Select that came with your keyboard is not transferable. But as Mykejb writes then you keep your copy of Komplete Select while the buyer gets their own new copy also !

Quote Matt_NI : All you need to know about License Transfer

• Fabner
    Options

on the transfer page I can only set the flag on KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 MK2 HW and on KOMPLETE 14 STANDARD Update for KSelect, if I set the flag only on S88 MK2, only the master license will be transferred together with the Komplete Select which is included with the master , Right? the upgrade to the Komplete Standard remains in my possession and I can install it on the Select of my old A49, this is what I wanted to know, Thanks

• PoorFellow
    edited May 8 Answer ✓
    Options

if I set the flag only on S88 MK2, only the master license will be transferred together with the Komplete Select which is included with the master , Right?

Yes , only transfer the "KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 MK2 HW" , then you keep all your own software (including your Komplete Select) and the buyer gets their own new copy of Komplete Select after keyboard is registered to their account.

(You don't transfer and can not transfer Komplete Select if it came with a keyboard , but since Komplete Select is base software for S-Series keyboards then buyer gets their own copy for free when they register the keyboard)

• Fabner
    edited May 8
    Options

Grazie davvero per la precisazione!! / Thank you very much for the clarification!!!