Using resaved Battery 3 Kits crashing Logic Pro

Options
Shadepine
Shadepine Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi All—I'm a dedicated Battery user who wants to use the Battery 3 kits with Battery 4. (Contrary to what some believe, I think Battery 3's kits are excellent, particularly the percussion kits like African and North Indian percussion!)

I'm using Battery 4 with Logic Pro 10.7.4 on a late-2013 MacBook Pro (still an excellent laptop for music production). Battery 4 runs flawlessly on this setup. However, after doing a batch resave of my Battery 3 Library kits, now every time I try loading up a Battery 3 Kit in Battery 4, Logic Pro crashes.

I tried restarting the MacBook, no good. Still crashing. I tried deleting and reinstalling Battery 4, and doing a fresh batch resave with my backed-up Battery 3 Library. The resave went fine…but again, Logic Pro crashes whenever I try loading a Battery 3 kit.

Any help in resolving this (if possible) would be much appreciated!

I suppose in theory I might be able to use the Battery 3 kit samples to re-create my favorite kits inside Battery 4…but that sounds very time-consuming. I'd love to just get Battery 3's kits working properly!

Thankss,
Scott

Comments

• Shadepine
    Options

FORGOT TO MENTION: Logic Pro has been bombproof-stable on my MacBook. It's literally crashed once in years. So I'm fairly certain the problem isn't with Logic Pro as the crashes occur only when I try loading a Battery 3 kit into Battery 4.

• Shadepine
    Options

Just another crash report detail: Logic Pro crashes after I load a Battery 3 kit. The kit loads without incident. And sometime I can even play a few notes with the kit (using my MIDI keyboard), and then it crashes. No frozen screen or anything like that—Logic just quickly disappears in an instant.