Kontakt does Not Show Up As An Instrument Selection In Cubase Pro 13

Options
T-Man
T-Man Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Despite multiple attempts to install Kontakt on my mac laptop, and Kontakt 7 showing up (and opening) as a stand-alone application there, I cannot seem to get it to show up as a choice of instrument within Cubase itself. I am also having a similar problem with other instruments I have clearly installed on my laptop (e.g., The Grand 3).

The only instruments that DO show up as choices in the Cubase instrument drop down menu are LABS, HALion Sonic, Pad Shop, Retrologue and Groove Agent SE (even though I paid for and installed the full Groove Agent instrument) .

[I see that I have both "Kontakt" and "Kontakt 7" both installed as applications — could that be part of the problem?]

I must be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 525 Pro
    edited May 3
    Options

Do you mean Kontakt and Kontakt 7 show up as applications in Cubase? If so you should just be able to drag and drop those onto your track and you can use them. I'm not familiar with Cubase but I know that's how it works in most DAWS I am familiar with. After assigning Kontakt instruments to the track you simply open up the app plugin on the track and select the NI instrument you want applied to the track.

• T-Man
    T-Man Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks for the reply!

No, I meant that Kontakt and Kontakt 7 show up as STAND ALONE applications in my mac applications folder.

They specifically do NOT show up as instrument options in Cubase 13 Pro — That's more-or-less my whole problem!

How is it possible that Kontakt and Kontakt 7 are clearly INSTALLED ON MY MAC STUDIO COMPUTER — but DON'T show up in Cubase as selections?

And, most importantly, HOW DO I FIX IT???

Thanks for any help you ca give me!

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 525 Pro
    Options

Do they show up in Native Access and what version of Native Access are you running?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,288 mod
    Options

What your computer and OS ? Mac M1 ? and Sonoma 14.1.1 ? (suggested by your profile)

First the basics , ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon must have full disk access How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS , and disks must be of the right format Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

Else did you try and reset the Cubase settings ? Probably done by deleting some Plist file in the Mac preferences ?

Also the odd user have had the odd problem where the Mac M DAW needed the Kontakt and DAW run in Rosetta first and then the problem were fixed , might maybe not help but still little to do to try.

Else maybe we will have to call for Jeremy_NI if still not fixed.