Unable configure templates and with S88 MK3

fafax
fafax Member Posts: 11 Member
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello,

with my S88 MK3 I'm unable to use connect editor and edit templates… Also with Komplete Kontrol I cannot see the midi button on the top right to edit controls.

What is wrong?

Thank you

Best Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,196 mod
    Answer ✓

For all I know then one can not yet edit midi-templates with the S-Series MK3 keyboards. It is an after launch effort that is supposed to be implemented soon (as in were supposed to have been added by now). Also the midi template editing for the MK3 keyboards is also supposed to be changed to on-keyboard. I personally have no details about any of it.

Quote Matthew_NI (January 31) :

MK2 requires a computer be connected to adjust it's MIDI templates. In that sense, it's brainless, as the brains are still the computer itself.

With MK3, the brains now live inside the instrument, which will allow us to do a whole lot more. We are a few weeks away from having on-device MIDI templates in beta, and hope to ship some time after that. That will allow you to create, edit, save and load MIDI templates without a computer connected.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod
    Answer ✓

MIDI Templates have now shipped.

Answers

• Tess G
    Tess G Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

For the missing Midi button, could this be the issue? They won't let me post links here till I'm around a bit longer, but, do a search on YouTube for "Missing Midi Icon - Komplete Kontrol - Quick Tip". User is TDCatTech.

• PoorFellow
    Answer ✓

For all I know then one can not yet edit midi-templates with the S-Series MK3 keyboards. It is an after launch effort that is supposed to be implemented soon (as in were supposed to have been added by now). Also the midi template editing for the MK3 keyboards is also supposed to be changed to on-keyboard. I personally have no details about any of it.

Quote Matthew_NI (January 31) :

MK2 requires a computer be connected to adjust it's MIDI templates. In that sense, it's brainless, as the brains are still the computer itself.

With MK3, the brains now live inside the instrument, which will allow us to do a whole lot more. We are a few weeks away from having on-device MIDI templates in beta, and hope to ship some time after that. That will allow you to create, edit, save and load MIDI templates without a computer connected.

• fafax

Thank you very much for your response and suggestion. I tried following the sequence from the "Missing Midi Icon - Komplete Kontrol - Quick Tip" video by TDCatTech. Unfortunately, the MIDI icon still does not appear for me. It seems that my version of Komplete Kontrol is different from the one in the video, and I suspect that there have been significant changes starting from version 3, which might not yet support the MK3 series fully.

May I ask if you are also using an S88 MK3 and if you are able to get the MIDI button to function?

Thank you again for your help.

• fafax

Thank you for the clarification. I hadn't understood that the MIDI template editing was not yet supported on the S-Series MK3 keyboards. As a professional musician who performs live, this lack of support is quite disadvantageous. Had I known this beforehand, I might have reconsidered this purchase. Owning a master keyboard without the necessary software support to fully utilize it doesn't make much sense for my work.

Thank you once again for your assistance. Could you please inform me where I might find the beta version of Komplete Kontrol to try out the MIDI template editing feature in advance?

Best regards

• PoorFellow

Could you please inform me where I might find the beta version of Komplete Kontrol to try out the MIDI template editing feature in advance?

Matthew_NI who is one of those in charge of Product Management haven't made any calls for Beta participants that I am aware of and with the amount of pressure in general then he often does not respond. Latest news is that the team is concentrating on getting this particular feature finished since you are not the only one not happy with the lack of midi template editing. Since the keyboard is capable of both midi 1.0 and midi 2.0 then that might have complicated things (?).

• fafax

Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate your time and assistance in keeping me updated about the developments. It's reassuring to know that the team is focusing on this issue.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod
    Answer ✓

MIDI Templates have now shipped.

This discussion has been closed.