Maschine places file User.kad on desktop

Options
ziryab
ziryab Member Posts: 10 Member
edited April 27 in Maschine

Q: Translation inserted by Moderator (translation by DeepL)

Hi, I recently changed the plugins location path because it created a conflict when I opened maschine with a windows file. I fixed it and everything was solved, but now every time I open maschine it places a file (User.kad) on the desktop.

Does anyone know the reason or the solution? Thanks.

I work with windows 10.

Community Code of Conduct - Please read before posting : Quote : Our community is currently only available in English. Please be advised that we retain the right to remove any posts in languages other than English.

Tagged:

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,968 Guru
    Options

Sir, could you please translate your question?

• ziryab
    Options

AppAudioGoogleDiccionarioWordreferenceEscanerDescargarCamara fotografica

Resultados de la búsqueda

Resultado de traducción

EspañolInglés

Hello, I recently modified the plugin location path because it created a conflict when opening the machine with a Windows file. I fixed it and everything was solved, but now every time I open the machine it places a file (User.kad) on the desktop.

Does anyone know the reason or the solution? Thank you.

I work with windows 10.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,968 Guru
    Options

@Jeremy_NI will help you with this one.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,226 mod
    edited April 27
    Options

I recently changed the plugins location path because it created a conflict when I opened maschine with a windows file. I fixed it and everything was solved,

Apparently you did not "fix everything" but rather created another problem for yourself !

but now every time I open maschine it places a file (User.kad) on the desktop.

Obviously then from what you write yourself then the problem of the file User.kad on the desktop is a direct result of something that you have done yourself !

The file User.kad normally belongs in the directory : %localappdata%\Native Instruments\Maschine\ ( C:\Users[YOUR User Name]\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Maschine\ ) and you have somehow manged to get the path settings either in the program or in Windows itself screwed up !

You might have to somehow reset at least path setting in the Maschine application used if not the standard path settings for Windows !

Other than that then it is not advisable to try to fix things by moving plugins to strange location and that includes moving them to e.g. the desktop (just in case that someone should get that idea 😉 ). And you might want to undo the what you did to create this situation originally and then find a better solution to the original problem ! (Ref. : a conflict when I opened maschine with a windows file)

• ziryab
    Options

First of all, sorry if I don't express myself clearly, sometimes translations play tricks.

I didn't move anything from your site, I just changed the directories where maschine should look for my plugins. From then on, the file is placed on the desktop every time I open the software.

Before I had the entire "program files" folder chosen for Windows to scan. For some time now, maschine has been freezing when reaching a windows file (chrome _wer) so I decided to uninstall, clean and reinstall maschine with the aim of naming only the folders where I have the plugins and since then I have done that.

A good explanation on this would be very helpful. Also comment that apart from that everything seems to work correctly, but I have the feeling that there is something wrong.
    Thank you all for your time and excuse my bad English.

• PoorFellow
    Options

Thank you for the explanation ! Your problem is most likely best solved by someone with a support tool at their disposal so my suggestion is that you contact N.I. Maschine Support . Scroll down to the bottom of the page for a link to contact support and if not logged in then also log-in at page !

• ziryab
    Options

Thanks, I had that in mind, however we will leave the thread in case someone sheds light and could be of use to the community.

• PoorFellow
    edited April 27
    Options

Absolutely , I will even call @Jeremy_NI to see if he has any input , but I suspect that he will also ask that you contact N.I. Maschine Support !

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,914 mod
    Options

@ziryab I see you're already in contact with one of my colleagues, hopefully we'll find a solution to this issue.

• ziryab
    Options

Let's see if there's any luck... they're already looking at it in support.

Greetings!