Drawing XY Scope, weird initialization

Options
gentleclockdivider
gentleclockdivider Member Posts: 168 Helper
edited April 24 in Reaktor

I've created a a canvas brush tool with the xy module and 2 random sources to get the thickness ( a third one for randomizing the thickens )

But upon reloading-reinitialsing the ensemble , only 1 random source is working and thus affecting only X input of the XY module

Really weird , here's the ensemble

Normal behavior when drawing

After reinitialisng

Comments

• gentleclockdivider
    Options

Same issue with

Dumbed it down with sine and cosine to draw a cirkle

After reset

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 830 Guru
    edited April 25
    Options

Those Primary random modules are not great. That one (and others I think) all have the same seed value, so if they start at the same time, they will generate the same pseudo-random values. There is no input or parameter for a seed value, so aside from manipulating the pitch, you're stuck.

Core is a different story, you can roll your own, or setup unique seed values for every instance of factory modules.

Blocks noise also has a unique seed mechanism so that multiple instances of the same Block will each have a different random seed.

Unfortunately the Primary stuff is very old and not as well written!

• gentleclockdivider
    Options

Noppes , I replaced the seed with noise and it's the same issue
    It has to be some ini error , bease disonnecting-reconnecting the filter does the job

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 830 Guru
    edited April 25
    Options

You didn't replace the seed of anything. There is no way to access the seed value for primary random processes (noise is a pseudo-random process). Use core like I suggested for random stuff, and it will work out just fine. Just give each instance of the noise macro a unique seed value.

=======================================================

It's a nice project!

I had a mess around and hacked about with it. put in some core cells with noise with different seeds. I also messed about with different ways to spray - trig is useful for this sort for thing :-). much fun to be had here thanks!

• gentleclockdivider
    edited April 26
    Options

Just adding a small amount of delayafter the second pseudo genertor to bring them out of phase also does the job .
    Even nicer , an allpas filter really let's you set the angle of the brush tip .
    Works fine , it's just a visualisation tool I need for somthing else , but I got a bit carried away :)