After recent Effects update, loading them freeze FL Studio

Options
Medstone
Medstone Member Posts: 21 Member
edited April 19 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hello,

recently there was an update for effects products in Native Access, after it I can't load this effects in FL Studio as it freezes the whole program.

This update was released on2024-04-15, its for example 1.3.3 version for Bite, Choral, Flair, Raum etc.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Medstone
    edited April 25 Answer ✓
    Options

I fixed it, but not sure on which side this bug lays - on Fl Studios, or Native Instruments.

After once again checking plugins with Plugin Manager issue still occurs, so I manually deleted this plugins that were causing freezing from Fl Studio broswer.

I go to Plugin Database/Effecs and there find this plugins and delete them.

Then I run Plugin Manager again and this fixed it.

Not sure what causes this, but it seems that plugins were not replaced corectly in the Fl Studio.

Answers

• galvan
    galvan Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi,

Same problem after update, the plugins make FL Studio freeze,

Kind regards.

• Medstone
    Options

Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

Hi @galvan @Medstone we haven't had any other users report crashes on FL Studio thus far. Our QA Engineer also verified that everything should be functioning properly when using VST3.

Could you please double-check that you're using VST3?

If the issue continues, best to reach out to our support team directly so we can gather more details about your system: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053737-Product-Support (I saw that one of you has contacted us already. We'll get back to you soon.)

• Medstone
    Options

Yes, I used VST3.

OK, I've created Support Ticket. Its really bad for me, because I have deadlines and currently can't work...

• cdgv
    cdgv Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Just want to add data point that same for me, loading any effect plugin after most recent update completely freezes FL Studio. I already submitted a ticket before I found this thread.

• Medstone
    edited April 25 Answer ✓
    Options

I fixed it, but not sure on which side this bug lays - on Fl Studios, or Native Instruments.

After once again checking plugins with Plugin Manager issue still occurs, so I manually deleted this plugins that were causing freezing from Fl Studio broswer.

I go to Plugin Database/Effecs and there find this plugins and delete them.

Then I run Plugin Manager again and this fixed it.

Not sure what causes this, but it seems that plugins were not replaced corectly in the Fl Studio.

• Medstone
    Options

Can't even edit previous post, because forum formatiing seems to be broken too…

So it worked for newly created project, but when I try to load old one its still broken - Fl Studio freezes.

This is really bad.

• cdgv
    Options

I just found that when I open an existing project with Replika and it loads completely and freezes, I can still hit play button on my midi controller and the track will play without issue, no lag or anything, and Replika plugin seems to be processing audio fine even though it has caused the UI freeze. The UI remains entirely unresponsive to input from me, but I can see the FL Studio UI elements that are visible (Scope, CPU Meter, Track Time) getting updated maybe 1-2 a second, so perhaps something is greatly loading the UI thread to cause the apparent freeze.

• cdgv
    Options

FWIW, I have also confirmed that I can open existing projects that freeze now by using FL Studio Diagnostics to remove the problematic NI Plugins, which is far from a proper solution but at least not all is lost.

• Copy the project you are doing this with (Good idea to backup first!)
    • Open a new FL Studio instance with no NI plugins loaded.
    • Navigate in menus to "Help" → "Diagnostics"
    • Choose "Fix FL Studio Song Project" in the FL Studio Diagnostic Report Window that comes up (it is the last option for me.
    • Open the copy of the project you wish to fix.
    • Select the option "Remove a plugin that crashes when file is opened" that appears under the file select box, and unselect  "Remove the plugin that crashed when file was saved".
    • It will list all plugins in the project, for me I picked 6 instances of Replika and one of Flair.
    • Click "Start"
    • The project gets saved as "name - recovered.flp"
    • I was able to open the project now without any freezes, issues, or lag, but of course also no delay effect as all replika instances are gone, so this is not a solution.

• Medstone
    Options

Well, support decided that they cannot reproduce this issue, so it must be something on my side.

Wonder if anyone else have this issue, probably not really as there are no other people writing about this.

Strange.