Wheel of death when QuickLoad in Kontakt 5

Options
pierref
pierref Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

My quick-load bank of instruments has stopped loading in Kontakt 5. It's completely fine in Kontakt 6, but I can't use 6 as most of my plugins enter demo mode in 6, so I'm stuck with 5. I've found the routing under:

/username/Library/ApplicationSupport/NativeInstruments/Kontakt/QuickLoad

and everything is in there as it should be, but for some reason when I try to open and load it in Kontakt, it's broken and nothing comes up. It's also an issue as not all my plugins are supported in the instrument window on the left so this is the only way of accessing some of my plugins. It does the same in Logic Pro, Reaper, and standalone

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@pierref We were able to reproduce this behaviour for Kontakt 5 on a current MacOS system. Unfortunately, since Kontakt 5 has been discontinued for years, it will not get fixed. It's preferable to use Kontakt 6 or 7 instead.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@pierref Does Kontakt 5 have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Please note that if you're using Kontakt 5 on a M1/Apple Sillicon computer you need to run your DAWs in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

I'm also curious why you get the demo message for Kontakt 6. Is it for all Kontakt libraries? Our own libraries only require Kontakt Player so it should not give you this error message. Not sure if it's related to your Kontakt 5 issue.

• pierref
    Options

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks so much for your comment. Kontakt 5 does have full disc access. I wasn't previously opening my DAW in Rosetta mode, however there's not really any reason why it should have changed, as it was working before.

That being said, opening it in Rosetta mode, has still not removed the issue. Also - I've solved the demo mode separately, as it was just due to it being in the Player version rather than the full version.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@pierref We were able to reproduce this behaviour for Kontakt 5 on a current MacOS system. Unfortunately, since Kontakt 5 has been discontinued for years, it will not get fixed. It's preferable to use Kontakt 6 or 7 instead.

• pierref
    Options

I've upgraded - thank you.