Kontakt 7 still crashing together with komplete kontrol S88 Masterkeyboard

Options
mediacave
mediacave Member Posts: 8 Member

It is really annoying. I am on Sonoma and I bought a Komplete Kontrol MK3 Keyboard. After several Updates since that Komplete 7 together with the Keyboard and Logic doesn‘t. Bought a 1200€ Keyboard and cannot use it because of this persistent issue. Today I have updated NI access and a few minutes later there was a new Kontakt 7 update in the pipeline. I thought perhaps now everything will work fine, but in vain. When I started K7 it all got worse: it slows down my Macbook m3 max and does react ultraslow when clicking. Also I couldn‘t close the app so I had to kill the process…

When loading K5 all the older libraries work fine and the keyboard or kontakt don‘t crash. But in this mode I can‘t use the newer libraries or functions like advanced browser on the S88 MK3. My question is: will this ever work on MacOS or did I burn my money on the MK3 Keyboard?

Struggling Over 3 months with a new hardware isn‘t funny, when you don‘t know the reason for all those errors. I really think I get rid of NI Software, because of this kind of trauma. Always loved the quality and sound of the instruments and now I am disappointed after buying all those updates of the Software Suite…

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,753 mod
    Options

@mediacave We know how frustrating this issue is and it's understandable, we're still waiting for a fix from Apple for the crashes with Logic, Kontakt 7 and the MK3 keyboards. It is an issue for Sonoma users. The current workaround is to use the Komplete Kontrol plug-in instead of Kontakt when in Logic. This should avoid crashes. You have more or less the same integration as in Kontakt.