The Sheer Joy of 3.10.2

Options
tempsperdu
tempsperdu Member Posts: 360 Pro

Oh yippee, not only have I got 26 updates. I got another new version of Native Access guaranteed to warm the cockles of even the lowliest heart.

Let's revel in the improvements!!!!!!!!

OK, let's have a good few minutes of Loading Products...well, 5 to be precise before giving up and restarting.

How many times is it going to ask me to login before saying it can't...oh 3...guess it could be worse...OK I'm off out I'll try later.

Attempt 2.... Loading Products for 6 minutes before I restart it........................

Oh, only took two attempts before it tells me it can't log in.

Good of NI to realise how boring it gets when things ... you know... just work!

Tries again..........nope still won't sign me in

OK, I have to delete NTK Daemon yet again and reboot

OK.... Nope, it still don't work...

Goes for tea.........

Some time later.....

OMG... it's actually opening, and now it's telling me there's yet another update to NA

I let the busy GIF be busy having the NTK Daemon rifle endlessly through my VST3 folder as it really needs to know what's in there, though no one knows why........which took just over 29 minutes......WOW!!! ... and I used to think 10 minutes was bad.............................

Well they are installing, and it's not at all confusing that after saying something has been installed, it doesn't disappear but instead has update highlighted again and the figure doesn't go down.

Oh dear...try to start some more, but apparently downloads can't be started............................

Hit refresh and here comes the busy GIF again....roll eyes............oh NTK Daemon is rifling through my VST 3 folder yet again...................................................................

After 17 minutes I gave up to try again later................................

OK another login disaster, another uninstall NTK Daemon and a reboot............................

And.......

Another login disaster............................

NA2 the 'gift' that keeps on giving......

Let's try again tomorrow.....

You couldn't make this up......

... Nor would you want to......................................

Comments

• SmokeyJ
    SmokeyJ Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

The OP has pretty much encapsulated my last...(checks watch)...5 hours with Native Access. It's infuriating that NA does not tell you what is doing. There is no visual difference between the software accomplishing a task and the software stuck in some sort of state.

I could have downloaded the installers I needed and run them in probably less than 10 minutes.

Absolutely mindboggling how awful NA has been for months and months. This from one of the "giants" of the music software world?

• tempsperdu
    Options

Finally get it to actually open...

The busy GIF is 'busy' for 27 minutes again...

Mysteriously, the updates have gone down to 19...

I press update all...

It does but then leaves the number of updates at 19 with all the programmes that have just been updated having update highlighted.

A pure victorious triumph of both programming and customer relations.........................

• tempsperdu
    Options

It's so well beyond abysmal, we need new words for it....

They update with huge frequency, yet it just gets worse not better........................

• SmokeyJ
    SmokeyJ Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I updated every Kilohearts product (vsts and libraries) in under 2 minutes while NA didn't even start.

What does this program do that is so resource intensive? Why does NTKDaemon take up 30% CPU for 20 minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME it runs? Why do I find myself turning off firewalls, antivirus...watching the task manager...to try to just get it to run properly ONE time? Why does every NA update require going to the forums to try ten different work arounds for the new problems the new version created?

I can understand this happening for one bad update, but for update after update after update?

Does NI think this is acceptable? I just don't see urgency or concern about the mess NA has been. I hope they're just hiding it behind the scenes because if they don't have any unrgency about it, then I don't know what to say.

It's like they think it's not a big deal because they're too big to fail. I'm not so sure about that.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 347 Advisor
    Options

For me it was nice and fluid and fast . it is all my fault (emoji big big laugh)

• tempsperdu
    Options

SmokeyJ

What does this program do that is so resource intensive? Why does NTKDaemon take up 30% CPU for 20 minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME it runs?

On my machine is is rifling through my VST3 folder scanning mostly the same plugs over and over again

Kaldosh

For me it was nice and fluid and fast . it is all my fault (emoji big big laugh)

The Vorlon speaks yet again...............................😆

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 347 Advisor
    Options

Himself(huuuuge laugh)

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 486 Pro
    Options

I almost feel guilty that my NA update to 3.10.3 only took about 30 minutes to complete and was up and running perfectly...followed by NA updating my Kontakt7 to 7.10 in about 15 minutes. How could I be doing something so wrong for it to be that efficient and flawless??

• tempsperdu
    Options

That doesn't exactly sound efficient....................................

• rdalcroft
    rdalcroft Member Posts: 174 Helper
    edited April 19
    Options

30 minutes is a long time.. That is not normal....

To be stuck on "Loading Products" little spinning circle.

then to finally load up, with the spinning circle spinning in the top left corner, tells me there is an issue with Native access.

To give a list of all your updates, and not let you select install all (greyed out) this is an issue!!

To lose your login info if you end task the program, Not normal.

And for NTK Daemon to be using so much CPU usage (6%) not normal..

There is nothing normal about the state of Native Access these last few months.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    Options

Stunning results here guys.

Did my update today. Finished in a minute or so and I have about half of my Komplete 14 Ultimate installed. All VST3. No VST2 of any kind on the DAW.

Do not understand these reports of scanning for 30 minutes. Clearly there are major issues happening here.

VP

• Wassup
    Wassup Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Best solution is not to buy anymore. These kind of issues need to spread to other forums of buyer beware. Their software is great but with Native Access it may be time to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Developers who are bypassing Konakt get their distribution app right,

This makes me sad. I always have issues with Access. They need to have the option to download direct like MOST developers. Waves is another and I don't even participate in their race down to zero.

Kontakt still rules for me.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    Options

At least it has a home page now, so what are you complaining about? 🤣