can i put an lfo on the aux send level or any other gain level

Options
ruddock
ruddock Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have a sound routed to a reverb effect, but I don't want that effect to be at the same level the whole song, I would like the effect to come and go. I was trying to do this via the output--aux level knob to control the amount of sound sent to the reverb. I know I could manually turn the knob and record the automation, or set up a modulator but I would prefer to set an lfo to modulate the level. I thought I might be able to use a lfo on a gate or something to get the same effect, but the gate that comes with maschine doesn't have an lfo in it. Any ideas?

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited April 19
    Options

No, Maschine does not have this level of modularity between it's built-in fx/instruments and mixer.

I don't think there is any way to LFO the amount of signal being sent to an FX other than recording modulation, I guess you could try to find a verb plugin that has a built-in LFO that could be used to control the Input gain of itself but personally, I never seen a verb with an LFO...

If you own Reaktor maybe you can combine 3 blocks: A verb, and a LFO that controls the input level, I'm not much of a Reaktor user so cant help much but maybe ask in it's sub-forum?

Maybe just modulating the sound volume could achieve a similar effect? With one of these?

• ruddock
    ruddock Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

thanks for your help, i think the mtremolo is going to work