Coming from Rekordbox and Pioneer, Native Instruments and Traktor have only been a struggle

Options
Jac
Jac Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Just bought the Kontrol s3 and expected as mentioned on their website ("paired with the full version of Traktor Pro 3") to also have Traktor 3 software. I don't seem to manage to have Traktor Pro 3 with it, I don't seem to find any information regarding this subject, and where there is some, the native instruments team is not present at all, so getting some real feedback from the brand would be appreciated when people ask questions.

The Native Access software is a mess with enormous bugs, dowload keeps on stopping, the log-in setting messes around, and it's never clear what steps you have to take.

On this website, no possibility to reach the support team and get an answer.

I feel like this business is here to suck the maximum money from you and leave you with a minimum experience. Rekordbox comes for free when using a pioneer controller, isn't the same here?

Highly disappointed !!!!

Comments

• Jac
    Options

When clicking on Traktor in Support, Log ing to contact support part is not working. I guess they don't have anyone available to follow up on people's demands. So how to get in touch with this website? and get some answers?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options
    • Install native access
    • Enter serial, it's either a card in the box or on the back of the device.
    • Get Traktor Pro 3

That's how it normally should work. And in that case traktor comes for free.

I just tried to log in here and it worked for me. https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us

Do you get some kind of error?

• DJ-Andre
    DJ-Andre Member Posts: 74 Helper
    Options

What do you expect from us? You give us no information, no errors (screenshots), no OS and browser specifications, whatsovever.

Quite easy to blame for NI for that...

• Jac
    Options

Ahah, this keeps on being hilarious, what a shame really. First of all no pre-listening option on Traktor compared to Rekordbox, LMAO how do you expect to improvise from your library, you simply can't.

Plus the blurry waveform after an hour of use an seing how everyone is confused on forums and don't get a damn reply from native instrument, this tells it all. I think i'll just go back to Rekordbox and sell this chit.

• lord-carlos
    Options

Ahah, this keeps on being hilarious, what a shame really. First of all no pre-listening option on Traktor compared to Rekordbox, LMAO how do you expect to improvise from your library, you simply can't.

But there is :) It's called preview player and I use it all the time.

The s3 even has 2 buttons for it.

• Jac
    Options

You seem to be everywhere lord-carlos. Do yo really think traktor is worth it?

What i mean about pre-listening, is that in rekordbox you can pre-listen track from your playslit/collection...

Nothing to say about the rest? the no reply from NI, the blurry waveform? how can someone count on this while playing live ?

• lord-carlos
    Options

Yes, the small play button on top of the gear should start preview player from the playlist/collection.

Sadly you have to hold it. At least on the s4. I made a mapping so I just have to push it once.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options

The blurry waveform is known issue, if you refer to parallel waveform zooming out, playing with the freeze mode and after unloading a track. Last two are Pro 2 issues.