Problem with sync Maschine+ to MacBookPro

Options
Johannah
Johannah Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi there,

I have connected my Maschine+ to my MacBookPro as a controller.

The problem is that my computer doesn't see my projects. In other words they don't connect. What I want is to work on a project on my Maschine as a stand alone, and then work further with this project on my computer. But the software Maschine 2 on my computer doesn't show the projects which are on my hardware Maschine+. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can somebody help me?

Regards Hilda

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    edited April 19 Answer ✓
    Options

In order to work on Projects on your computer, you have to copy them from the SD card to the computer into the Maschine projects directory, which usually is:

<user home>/Documents/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/Projects

After you finished working on the Project on your computer, you must copy the Project back to the SD card.

Some caveats:

• Maschine version on the computer and M+ must match, otherwise the Project cannot be loaded.
    • Projects can reference samples which are located in the Recordings directory. Make sure to copy those files as well.
    • M+ only offers a very limited amount of instruments and effects compared to what is available on the computer. Most of NI Komplete is not compatible with the M+. Make sure to stick to the ones which are compatible.
    • Project files can become corrupt for different reasons. Make sure to always make backups of Project files.

Enjoy your M+!

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,155 Guru
    Options

The best thing you can do is read the manual to learn how your equipment works.

You can't access the SD card by using the M+ as a controller. You have to put it in storage mode.

• Johannah
    Options

Thanks for your answer.

I did read the manual. but it didn’t help me, nor dit your answer.

when I go to storage mode as you say I have indeed acces to the m+sd card on my computer, but then I can't switch between Maschine and computer.

It seems so easy:

• PK The DJ
    Options

I have indeed access to the m+sd card

Problem solved then. Glad to have been of service.

No you can't do anything else when in storage mode. That's normal, and made clear in the manual.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    edited April 19 Answer ✓
    Options

In order to work on Projects on your computer, you have to copy them from the SD card to the computer into the Maschine projects directory, which usually is:

<user home>/Documents/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/Projects

After you finished working on the Project on your computer, you must copy the Project back to the SD card.

Some caveats:

• Maschine version on the computer and M+ must match, otherwise the Project cannot be loaded.
    • Projects can reference samples which are located in the Recordings directory. Make sure to copy those files as well.
    • M+ only offers a very limited amount of instruments and effects compared to what is available on the computer. Most of NI Komplete is not compatible with the M+. Make sure to stick to the ones which are compatible.
    • Project files can become corrupt for different reasons. Make sure to always make backups of Project files.

Enjoy your M+!

• Johannah
    Options

I understand what you are saying.

it seems a little more complicated than as explained on that movie on YouTube ;/

still Thanks a lot for your kind answer.

• PK The DJ
    Options

All he's showing in the video is the ability to switch between standalone and controller.

There's no implication that the software sees the SD card or that the project in standalone is magically transferred to the computer.

• Johannah
    Options

There's no implication that the software sees the SD card or that the project in standalone is magically transferred to the computer.

Apparently not. So the video gave me a wrong idea. Still love my Maschine+ Don’t really need the MacBook but at some points, like making patterns, it seems easier on a computer.

thanks and kind regards Johanna

• PK The DJ
    Options

Yes indeed some things are easier on a computer for several reasons. Larger screen, mouse, keyboard etc.