X1 MK3 - Replace Power Adaptor with a USB-C to Barrel Jack adaptor

Options
Dan Sky
Dan Sky Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Good morning from Germany,

I was wondering if it were possible to replace the standard Power Adaptor that comes with the X1 MK3 to power up the USB hub with a USB-C (would USB-A be also possible?) to Barrel Jack adaptor (like this one here: [as I cannot post links I have to try it like this:] https ://eckstein-shop .de/Adafruit-USB-Type-C-31-PD-to-55mm-Barrel-Jack-Cable-12V-5A-Output )? I would like to be able to take the X1 MK3 somewhere outside and use it in connection with a powerbank or something similar.

Has anyone tried that out? Thanks for your assistance and time in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,406 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, that is correct. Also keep the polarity in mind.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    Options

I don't see why not. Works with S4 and Maschine.

Is the x1 12v? All other Traktor gear is 15v.

I have the 15v cable at home, but unsure if I have a usb C PD output somewhere.

• Dan Sky
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply. So I double checked the Power adaptor. It is, as you said, 15v, 1.2a, 18w. So if I am able to find a USB-C cable that has a 5.5 barrel jack and comes with those specifications (15v, 1.2a, 18w) it should work, right (without maing anyone but myself responsible for any damages to the device ;-) )?

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, that is correct. Also keep the polarity in mind.

• Dan Sky
    Options

Thank you so very much, lord-carlos!

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 106 Advisor
    Options

I think all Traktor Devices are using 15V- not 12V. The current ampere should be about 2A- than you be at the save side