Not seeing my plugins in Maschine2.

Options
Luprian
Luprian Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am very new to the maschine software and controller (I have an mk3, just bought it yesterday).

Earlier, i bought the komplete now subscription and got access to the session bassist - prime bass library. I figured out I have to open it through kontakt and that I need to select the kontakt 7 plugin on a specific group in the software. I clicked the arrow facing down and found Kontakt 7 in the vst3 category. Now i wanted to do it again and the only plugin i see is reaktor 6 fx, all the other ones have dissapeared. I looked and the files are still in my computer, yet maschine2 doesn't see it anymore.

Thank you for your help!

Best Answers

• chrisxx
    chrisxx Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can only load FX plugins into a group slot, not instruments.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Options

What chrisxx said is correct.

To be more specific since you are new to this world and maybe you’ll find difficulties in understanding it, you are now under Group instead of Sound.

To load an instrument, you must be under Sound (1): the first thing you load can be anything, while after that if you want to add something to the chain using the + button (2), you will once again be facing just the option for FXs.

I would also add that this is not the only way to load instruments like Session Bassist (or other NKS ready instruments): if you watch on top of Maschine’s GUI, you will see a button (0) for displaying the Maschine browser to the left. There you will have the possibility to browse all NI products and other third party NKS ready plugins. You can select the type of content you are searching for (1), between Projects, Groups, Sounds, Instruments, FXs , Loops or One Shots, then, clicking on the Banner (2) chose if you want to see All Products or just a specific one, then make an ulterior specification on the type (bass, piano,…) (3) and at the bottom (4) you will see a list of all the presets matching the choices you made before.

In that way you will directly see NKS instruments and their presets ready to be selected (in your case, you will find Prime Bass) and you won’t need to firstly load Kontakt and then in there chose Prime Bass.

For other plugins that are not NKS ready, the way you are doing now will remain the only one to load them.

Oh…also remember that you can load things directly from your MK3, using the Browser button 😉

Answers

• chrisxx
    chrisxx Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can only load FX plugins into a group slot, not instruments.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Options

What chrisxx said is correct.

To be more specific since you are new to this world and maybe you’ll find difficulties in understanding it, you are now under Group instead of Sound.

To load an instrument, you must be under Sound (1): the first thing you load can be anything, while after that if you want to add something to the chain using the + button (2), you will once again be facing just the option for FXs.

I would also add that this is not the only way to load instruments like Session Bassist (or other NKS ready instruments): if you watch on top of Maschine’s GUI, you will see a button (0) for displaying the Maschine browser to the left. There you will have the possibility to browse all NI products and other third party NKS ready plugins. You can select the type of content you are searching for (1), between Projects, Groups, Sounds, Instruments, FXs , Loops or One Shots, then, clicking on the Banner (2) chose if you want to see All Products or just a specific one, then make an ulterior specification on the type (bass, piano,…) (3) and at the bottom (4) you will see a list of all the presets matching the choices you made before.

In that way you will directly see NKS instruments and their presets ready to be selected (in your case, you will find Prime Bass) and you won’t need to firstly load Kontakt and then in there chose Prime Bass.

For other plugins that are not NKS ready, the way you are doing now will remain the only one to load them.

Oh…also remember that you can load things directly from your MK3, using the Browser button 😉