Reveal Sound NKS

Options
Sunborn
Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,409 mod
edited April 16 in NKS User Library

This discussion was created from comments split from: NKS User Library.

Tagged:

Comments

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    edited April 16
    Options

Spire VST2 NKS

Here is my old conversion for Spire VST2. Hope that works ok and you like it!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOHJOPYHiuQhI4eddU2jOANzydThA?e=he3jFU

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    edited April 18
    Options

NKS Library for Spire (VST3)

VST3 version of spire has issues. I’ve made a library but it doesn’t work in Maschine and the gui fails to update the parameter positions, also no parameters have feedback. It’s a complete mess which I have reported thru to Reveal Sound and they issued a "fix" but it addressed none of the problems.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,409 mod
    edited April 16
    Options

Spire VST3 NKS Template (Partially unstable)

I worked out a 21 pages template for the Spire VST3. It is somehow unstable (as @JesterMgee mentioned) however i am pretty sure now, that i know where the problems occurred.

For start, the plugin itself (its VST3 version) it is unstable only on Maschine (most possible on Komplete too). On Cubase and Ableton it is working fine! I did some really heavy use of it on Cubase without any problem.

About the template, after trial and error, i ended up that the problems occurred basically on the LFO pages, for some reason, so i left them out completely. Now, every other knob is working well, however it is still crashing Maschine. But i noticed that this is happening when you map selectors (OSC mode, Filter type) and possibly some buttons too. It has to be that, since all knobs for OSCs, Filters, Envelopes and Effects are tested and working (at least on Windows).

Note: For NI Resources use the excellent old ones by @Christos Adamos (check some comments above), just edit all names and folders from "spire-1 1" to "spire".

EDIT: Latest version still has issues (and it's a shame for such a nice synth) however i made a newer, even simpler template that (so far) behaves stable. Give it a try and please let me know how it behaves on your system.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28qug4itr3kgb26/Spire%20VST3%20Template.zip?dl=0