Softube NKS

Options
Kymeia
Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
edited April 11 in NKS User Library

This topic is for discussion and sharing NKS for Softube plugins. Softube were early NKS Partners but seem to have lost interest sadly so none of their more recent plugins have NKS whereas the older ones that do have NKS these are not compatible with the VST3 versions. This folder contains both new NKS for plugins that didn't have them before and VST3 fixes for the ones that did have NKS but only for VST2. This also makes the NKS usable in Maschine and KK on Apple Silicon. Unfortunately I was only able to convert the ones I own (apart from the ones made already by Freelance) but I managed to do all of those except Modular which would be a pain to save NKS for due to its modularity

Softube NKS

Tagged:

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,369 mod
    Options

Softube Heartbeat & Parallels NKS (VST2)

Those are 2+ years old plugins but i didn't found any preset around and their quality is top class, so i made their Factory presets, with some nice "handmade" graphics. Unfortunately, they do not migrate to VST3 yet.

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    edited April 11
    Options

Softube Modular

(basic and required module purchase banks separated)

https://workupload.com/file/JpD2BekRwVn

• Sunborn
    edited June 2023
    Options

Softube Heartbeat VST3 NKS

Factory presets & resources.

EDIT: Please use this one for the resources only and get the presets from Kymeia (check 3 comments below) he did far better job, with previews and tagging (however he has not made the resources).

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thanks but I uploaded Heartbeat myself to the user library yesterday as I was fixing all the Softube stuff (just hadn't meant to announce it till I had done the others so my bad) - oh well these things happen - now there are 2, better than none - more choice :)

(See the new Softube folder in there)

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

The only one's I couldn't do were AmpRoom and Modular - Modular in particular is hard because every preset is basically a new instrument and has a unique mapping - Softube must have spent ages getting that done. It would be easy if they implemented migration but I’m not sure they are bothered about NKS any more

• Sunborn
    Options

Great ...i grab the 3 Fix already!

Are you going to make Mutronics Mutator and Parallels too? (i made Parallels months ago, but the VST2 version only (easy task with preset magician) ...previews might be still helpful). If you are not, i can focus one those in the near future :-)

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

I don't have Mutator unfortunately but might get it if they ever make it compatible with Modular and Amp Room, although tbh I feel The Drop is much better, like a Mutator on steroids. Parallels was done by Jester (Freelance Soundlabs) and recently updated to VST3

• Kymeia
    edited April 11
    Options

OK here is all the Softube plugins I have converted to NKS:

The folder is divided into 2 sections:

1) 'Factory VST3 NKS Fixed' Plugins that already came as NKS created Softube but that they haven't updated to work as NKS in the VST3 version. This just contains the NKS patches as the resources (thumbnails etc) will already be on people's systems if they have them installed as NKS. It just makes it possible to use them with the VST3 version. You can choose to overwrite the Factory NKS patches Softube provide but I would not recommend this myself as it will make them vulnerable to being overwritten again by further Softube installs (this is why separation of Factory and User content makes sense). Also it will stop them working if you still want to use the VST2 NKS. This folder includes:

Heartbeat (with previews and a new template - Sunborn and I seem to have had the same idea so there is a choice - this is not a problem)

Drawmer S73 Compressor

Fix Phaser, Flanger and Doubler

Tsar 1 and 1R Reverbs

Tape

2) 'Complete NKS' These are the ones Softube haven't made NKS - they seem to have stopped bothering at some point so this includes some more recent ones. These do include all resource files as well as the NKS patches. This folder includes:

Dirty Tape

Spring reverb

Tube Delay

Tape Echoes

Transient Shaper

Wasted Space

Sorry I tend to go more for creative fx so not a lot of their mixing and mastering fx (but these don't tend to need presets so much anyway)

I do have Modular and Amp room but making NKS for both of these would be difficult as each patch needs its own template - the best option for Modular at least is to push Softube to implement migration so the existing NKS work in the VST3 version too - I have been in touch their their support over this myself but I fear they may have abandoned NKS as a platform so hearing from other people who want to use it may motivate them more. For NKS versions of their other synths check out Freelance Soundlabs.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thanks for this - btw I didn't need to make the resources because this is a fix for existing NKS versions like the FX I shared - if people have this installed as NKS already they shouldn't need the resources only the template and presets because it comes with the resources in the installer (and the previews actually - I just copied those over from the Softube NKS folder).

• saschavs
    saschavs Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 11
    Options

Softube WEISS MM-1 Mastering Maximizer VST3 NKS

Corrected Factory files

My first NKS ...files :)

Replace the factory files with these ....

• saschavs
    saschavs Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 11
    Options

Softube TRIDENT A-RANGE VST3 NKS

Corrected Factory files

My 2nd NKS ...files :)

Replace the factory files with these ....

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    edited April 11
    Options

Softube Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor

didn't do a thing with the layout.