Psytrance style kick and bass

Options

Comments

• Noisey
    Noisey Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

For me the go to kick synth is Kick 2. I like TRK-01, but kick 2 offers way more possibilities and more precision.

• Nayah9
    Nayah9 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Have you tried just resampling psy trance kicks? Simple but effective. Try compressors, transient shapers, distortion, etc.

• praashek@gmail.com
    praashek@gmail.com Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

TRK-01 is ideal, also its worth to do a Battery-sounds-tour.

• mrjackster
    mrjackster Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Monark and Poly Synth can get interesting together Monark for a stripped bare mono tone and a little poly in the background for some spread / width. TRK-01 also good obvs but there's a lot that can be done stripping back and simplifying with the other built in synths.

• djagentm
    djagentm Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Thanks sharing your tips.

• EB5AGV
    EB5AGV Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I am still learning to use Maschine and expansions, but find this thread pretty interesting. Keep it going!. Thanks

• Ashenone
    Ashenone Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I make my psytrance kicks using Kick2

• Grymt
    Grymt Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I'm sorry for @Humantree01 that his post was chosen by NI to pick a winner from the reactions. It will lead to many nonsensical answers and noise, like mine.

I hope Humantree will win the prize. If I will win it though, I hope it's got nothing to do with psytrance or kicks, and absolutely nothing with Play series, expansions or Izotope. It's acoustic instruments that I need, or a speedy Kontakt 8 without ads and bloatware.

• Bronco
    Bronco Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 21
    Options

I still haven't figured out how to use Maschine or what it is for, even. What piece of equipment should be first on my list to get in order to use it? So far I have a Les Paul, Rig Kontrol 3, Guitar Rig 7, and Reaper.

I have no keyboards (but I started out as a keyboard player) It's been a while ... so...Is it better to get a midi controller or a keyboard synth and how does Maschine work with that?

• JonnyC
    JonnyC Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Such a good read, everyone’s different approaches and none of them wrong just a different way. 👍🏻

• creaky
    creaky Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I imgine getting the ADSR right and then also triggering a bass sound with big reverb but adding a gate with a high threshold might eork.

• Nilz
    Nilz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Monark for bass and TRK-Kick is what you need 😉

• dr.mimouni
    dr.mimouni Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

the best tip that i receive for having the best bass and drum base it's to sidechain the kick with the bass with a multiband eq. just looking for the masking effect frequency the amount of reduction and your done!!

• blondeemu
    blondeemu Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I have no idea, I don't make psytrance, I just enjoy winning stuff. Soniccouture's Konkrete might be good for drums in that style though