Step modulation doesnt follow nudge

Options
Andy Wt
Andy Wt Member Posts: 85 Helper
  1. Load any drum sample, for example BD to any pad. Loading whole drum group is fine too.
  2. In STEP mode put beats on steps 1 and 9
  3. Holding pad 9 create some modulation, for example 'Reverse'
  4. At this moment everything works as intended and sample is played forward on step 1 and backward on step 9
  5. Nudge all pattern content to the right, to steps 3 and 11.
  6. Now sample at step 11 plays forward because modulation is still on step 9. You can hear it by adding beat on step 9

Is this intended behaviour or bug? Is it possible to nudge modulation too?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can't do anything with modulation, no nudge, move, copy/paste, etc...

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

Hello,

that´s not possible unfortunately.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can't do anything with modulation, no nudge, move, copy/paste, etc...

• Andy Wt
    Options

Any hints that improvements to automation/modulation now in development? :-)

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

Not directly, there was/is actually a poll, where every single feature area is covered ina separate thread, one by one, based on a past poll, now the single threads should be bring some more details in every area, as far as I understand it

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

Ouch! That's a pretty nasty issue. Parameter locks on the Maschine are not fully mature in that case.. On an elektron machine, this stuff just works

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 180 Helper
    Options

It's something related to the Grid resolution so Press Shift and Follow and your right screen will show different modes and left will offer you a choice. Delay will work with grid that is compatible with delay grid value. Try with Grid OFF and modulations should work. I wish you success.

• Andy Wt
    Options

@Psyearth5 No, it doesnt work that way

• Psyearth5
    Options

My apologies, you are right Modulation doesn't follow step sequencer but it behaves like any Modulation you record. It can be used as creative accident or as a problem and ut depends on how you will decide.

• Psyearth5
    Options

I can give you "Know How " using Lock States as Notes in Keyboard and you will be able to move sequence and lock States on linear Time Line which you can paste and copy to Pad linked to Lock States and if it's important to your workflow it will be a solution.

• Psyearth5
    Options

File i record is to Big so only way is to attach screenshots and to show how Lock States can be not just useful but can do much more than controlling one parameter. 4 X 16 modulations can be easily learned and become part of workflow especially if it's about complex modulations and at the same time following micro and macro modulations from Fade in of several different sounds in different intervals , pan, etc. Few days ago I turned Maschine and everything was messed up but then I realized that I didn't attach MIDI 5pin Cable from out to in if the Maschine. For me it's a big improvement like Costume Chords to Pads by linking pads in the group. If it's sounds like something you are interested in I will explain everything in detail.