Does Maschine work in Ableton 8? VST2

Options
Musical Illumination
Musical Illumination Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited April 10 in Maschine

**apologies, i wanted to edit my last post but couldnt...

Does anyone know if its possible to get Maschine to work in old version of Ableton?

is their any work around or do i have to upgrade?

thank you for any assistance.....

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,305 Expert
    Options

Do you ask because it is not working for you or because you want informations? (E.g. to make a purchase decision)

If you are talking about Maschine software, once used any DAW it is a normal plugin, therefore any DAW allowing use of VST3 will make it work.

If you are talking about the HW, since you are in Windows you should not have any issue

• Musical Illumination
    Options

hello, thank you for your reply..

maschine mikro is not working for me on windows 10 using ableton 8.

the maschine 2 sofware works as standalone but i cannot access it through ableton 8 as a plug in..

im not sure if its possible or not..

i dont think ableton 8 supports VST 3, it too new..

I am really a novice in this..so am confused....

Ableton 8 supports VST but not VST3...

personally i dont know what the difference is

Or is their any work around to make it work...other than upgrading to ableton 12.

thank you for your help..

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,152 Guru
    Options

Version 8 of Live is 15 years old. Time for an update!

• Musical Illumination
    Options

yes GURU your probably right

i was kind of hoping someone may suggest some magical method to make the two work...a vst to vst3 plugin or something..

it looks like i will have to start saving the pennies...

thanks 4 reply..

• PK The DJ
    Options

As your DAW is 15 years old, potentially you could run Maschine 1.0 from 2009....

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited April 10
    Options

Sure it's possible and no, you shouldn't need to use a version from 2009.

I'm not 100% at the moment but I think the current version of Maschine (2.17.5 at the time of writing this) still offers and installs both VST2 and VST3, check your plugins paths/folders in Windows and check if they're are present in Abletons preferences and rescan.

If the current version really only offers VST3 then contact support and ask them for the latest version that has VST2, no need to go all the way back to 2009 and V1... Thats absurd.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,305 Expert
    edited April 11
    Options

Follow what D-One said. You just need any version of Maschine that has VST2 installation.

If you are ok with what you already have and don’t need the new things, no need to spend money to update Ableton.

It just depends on you

• PK The DJ
    edited April 10
    Options

My comment about installing Maschine 1.0 was to try and make the point that their software is outdated (see my initial reply). IMO the best solution for long term, "going forward" as they say, is to update Ableton Live.

That's the weak point. VST 2 has been discontinued. Everything now is going to be VST 3.

You might be able to scrape by for a while, but eventually you will have to say goodbye to Live 8.