GForce NKS

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod
    edited July 14

I do not use VST2 at all, since over a year… i never install it and, on the rare cases that i don't have full control on the installation (Native Access is one of those rare cases… 🙄) i delete the .dll…

However, this task can be done easily, without the VST2 version!

Just save a default template with your VST2, send it to me and i will replace the page structure with the one from my VST3 template, then send it back to you… 😉

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 165 Advisor
    edited July 14

Will someone tell me what happens when you try to load these five ImpOSCar3 VST3 presets I made?

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 14

That's work for me with Imposcar3 VST3 !

• Sunborn

Same here, they load correctly and work well with Imposcar3 VST3 👍️

which is weird, i couldn't make not even one preset to work so i gave up…

logical conclusion: maybe the problem is in the templates and for the presets to work you need to leave it to the default?

• jggorman
    edited July 14

So If I save them all out, can you batch apply your controller template? What I am doing is I wrote a script that replaces the default "Blissed Out" with a different preset renamed to "Blissed Out" and then loads the the plugin again and saves the preset under the correct name. For me, it turned out the first time the synth loads, it loads the default preset correctly. This may work for other synths that launch correctly but then have issues changing presets. It's going to take a while to save these all out and they are not tagged. Maybe Jason can use these to come up with his fine banks that are tagged and have previews.

• Sunborn

Yes, i can do that.

But to be sure, let me first do it in the 5 presets you uploaded above… If it works, then surely we can do it for all presets!

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 71 Member

Good news…

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited July 16

Very odd behaviour. I have also found that if you load a preset from the fixed NKS version, then load one from the iMPOscar browser it goes silent again (as was already known), but if you then click undo it returns the fixed version - if only you could see what the undo history contains it might help identify what is fixed

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert
    edited July 16

The issue is how Imposcar is loading the preset data from its own presets. Not sure what exactly but example is if you load up Imposcar by default and export the preset it looks normal (on the left) but if you switch presets using the preset next and then back again, you will note many of the controls are in completely different positions and if you export that preset it has wildly different data (apparently difficult to see on this forum because it compresses the ****** out of it):

This is what is the cause of the problem, however unsure why this is happening because I am pretty sure when not loaded in KK or Maschine it is fine.

Anyway, the plugin works fine if you send it the correct preset data which is what I did for the NKS files, just exchanged the plugin data in the files with the correct data from the preset files. If only I could actually use this plugin in my DAW (Live) but it's kind of why personally I don't use KK anymore for much at all than generating NKS for others.

• jggorman
    edited July 17

You think that is weird, well I have another one for you. Most of the time, if I load a working NKS preset it fixes it from a broken state. That is not the weird part. The weird part is, if I then advance through the patches very quickly from withing the plugin, sometimes it correctly loads it. Sometimes I can get a patch to load even using the browser. Also, and sadly, I've seen the plugin get the no sound issue spontaneous while it was working fine. I've had the NKS working presets load and it not work (though that was with the ones from the group I made).

• jggorman

If you look at the end of page one of this thread, Rikk Show made NKS files for OSC2 to which I made previews for the extra three banks. OSC3 will load OSC2 presets put in the user presets folder. I know the Mr Arkadin bankl can be found for free on the web. I haven't found the other two. If we can find all three, I will make NKS files using the template since we already have the previews.

• Sunborn

I don't think this is possible.

Those banks are old and, old banks was in .fxb format ( and .fxp for presets).

On impOSCar3 the "import" function does not have an option for those formats… 😕

• jggorman
    edited July 18

No, they can be used and it is in documentation. They are converted, not imported. ImpOSCar3 will read the files if put in the user folder when you hit refresh on the collection and it saves out .xml files and the press refresh a second time and it loads all those .xml files as native presets. I've already done it. However, not all presets are compatible. Of 171 or so, only 140 were read. Some previews are missing. I don't know how to apply the template for controller mapping. I see the gulp program, but I don't have time now to try to figure it out. Here are those 140 attached.

• Sunborn

Thanks!

I will apply the template and re-upload them here :-)

• jggorman
    edited July 18

Thanks for doing that, maybe I will make the other thirty audio previews. You don't need it, but here is a file to import so the presets are in the browser and in their own collection. To do this I renamed the User collection and removed the init.xml from the default pages temporarily, exported the collection, and then put the User collection and init.xml back to the way they were.

This discussion has been closed.