WHY ARENT THE MIDI NOTES SHOWING IN CUBASE MIDI EDIT BUT I CAN HEAR IT PLAYING?

Options
Bay-B Joey
Bay-B Joey Member Posts: 8 Member

I RECENTLY GOT THE KONTROL S-88 MK3 AND I AM TRYING TO USE IT WITH CUBASE 12 PRO.

SO FAR ITS WORKING FINE BUT I AM NOT GETTING THE MIDI NOTES RECORDING THAT I AM PLAYING WHEN I HAVE ARP OR SCALE MODE ACTIVATED.

EX: I CREATE AN INSTRUMENT TRACK AND SELECT KOMPLETE KONTROL AS MY VST, I TURN ON ARP MODE ON THE KEYBOARD AND RECORD A NOTE AND I CAN HEAR IT ARPPEGIATING BUT WHEN I GO TO EDIT THE MIDI IN CUBASE, I ONLY SEE THE ONE NOTE I WAS HOLDING DOWN INSTEAD OF SEEING ALL THE NOTES I WAS HEARING. IS THERE SOMETHING IN CUBASE I NEED TO CHANGE? SAME WITH SCALE MODE, I HIT A NOTE AND HEAR THE CHORD PLAY BUT IT WONT SHOW IN THE MIDI EDIT.

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,235 mod
    edited April 5
    Options

The scales/arpeggios are created internally by Komplete Kontrol. The instrument track you record will only show the notes you play on the keyboard itself. To record the output of the ARP/Scaler you need to create another MIDI track in Cubase that takes input from "Komplete Kontrol - Event Output" like this

That track will record the output of the ARP like this

And your Caps Lock key seems to be stuck down :)

• Bay-B Joey
    Bay-B Joey Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

THANKS FOR THE HELP, I WILL TRY THIS OUT LATER TODAY. AND I ALAWYS KEEP THE CAPS LOCK BECAUSE THE PROGRAM I USE AT WORK, TOO LAZY TO TURN IT OFF HAHA.

• Gus84HFR
    Gus84HFR Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Same question for "Prime Bass" here!

I've tried your method, but it's just reccording the note who is triggering the pattern, not the pattern itself.

Is it possible to reccord the midi output of Prime bass? (I'm talking about the note of pattern phrase.)