Is there no way to see Brand/Sound Type/Character at the same time on Komplete Kontrol ver.3.0?

Options
Otof
Otof Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi,

I've used Komplete Kontrol M32 for a year with Komplete Kontrol ver. 2.9 software.

However last October Native Instruments did a worse upgrade to ver.3.0, since the way to browse was radically changed without concerning those old devices.

In Kontrol ver.3.0, we choose sound following below steps,

1, select types Instrument/Loop/One-shot (usually Instrument)

2, select brand (usually I select brand as ALL )

3,select sound type, after that select character

In ver.2.9, we can see brand/sound type/character at the same time. However in ver.3.0, I have to switch each tabs to see which character I'm choosing after I selected sound type.

Of course, there's a small area in ver.3.0 and I can see what character I'm choosing, but I can't see all characters at the same time, if I'm on the sound type tab.

So, does anyone know

1, how to see brand/sound type/character at the same time

2, If not, could you tell me how to switch brand/sound type/character speedy like using keyboard shortcuts ( it seems there's no shortcut button for that function on M32 ).

I'm looking forward to your replies.

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,217 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately you can't see them at the same time in KK3 like you can in KK2.

If you don't have a MK3 S series keyboard you don't actually gain anything by upgrading to KK3 at the moment. If you want to revert to using KK2 you can download the installers here - Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6 - Last VST2 supported version — Community (native-instruments.com). As long as you use the VST3 version you'll be ok to upgrade if you upgrade your keyboard in the future.

Answers