NKS for Reason

Kymeia
Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
edited 11:59AM in NKS User Library

This thread is for NKS content and discussion related to Reason Studio Rack

This discussion was originally created from comments split from: NKS User Library.

Comments

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 102 Helper

REASON users. Here are NKS for Malström. It is using the Combinator 2 with added FX. Some smart routing so you can get Std or Ping-Pong delay, 4x Drive modes from Audiomatic, etc. It has some free REs inside, the rest is std Reason FX. The processing takes the many sounds up to modern standard. It is a great setup to pick your fav patches and save down as NKS. Just search in the Reason Browser with 'xwv' and all your Malström patches show up. I have included an Init patch with 8 pages of KK knobs mapped out.

You can put this in the NKS library.

• Kymeia
    edited April 6

Hi @Rikk Show do you mind if I merge all Reason related content into this thread? Otherwise we could end up with a thread per plugin or device and it would be harder for people to find stuff. Thanks

I could add my templates for most of the main Reason instruments

• laserbeak
    laserbeak Member Posts: 170 Helper

😍 Thank You!!

• Kymeia
    edited April 8

I've updated this topic so we can post NKS for all Reason Studio rack instruments and effects. I made templates to enable control of most of the instruments I own, including some Rack Extensions, as single instruments so they can be used and controlled like any other plugin inside Komplete Kontrol - these templates can also be used as a basis for saving out NKS with the controller mapping intact, as well as adding Reason FX to the instrument (as Rick has done with his Malstrom patches)

Here is my Reason Rack Pack comprising controller templates for:

Algoritm

Complex 1

Europa

Blamsoft Expanse

Friktion

Grain

IVOKs

JPS Harmonic Synth

Macro Synth

Malstrom

Monotone

Objekt

Parsec 2

PX7 (very basic as a lot isn't mappable)

Resonans

Scenic

Spectra Additive Synth

Subtractor

Thor

Blamsoft Viking VK-2

WTFM Synth

• laserbeak

I think I'll pick one of the rack instruments to learn NKS this weekend.

• Kymeia

Do you mean to try making NKS or just try how it works?

I would not advise starting with Reason for practicing making NKS, it was very finicky to make work as you can't really treat each instrument as its own plugin even though I tried - also it loses the mappings if you load a combinator as that is treated as a separate device

• laserbeak

Yeah I started thinking about how doing that in reason would work early on and guessed that it would be pretty complicated. Luckily life pulled me away from my desk before i could prove that. I'll start with something else.

This discussion has been closed.