Komplete Audio 6 w/ Behringer 303

katmai
katmai Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Komplete General

Hello everyone,

So, i have a simple setup as i am trying to get on with a few basics without getting overwhelmed.

i got a Maschine Mikro MK3, and then i got a Behringer 303. As i had them separate, i was thinking it would be nice to be able to output both the Behringer and the Maschine to the speakers, so i got a Komplete Audio 6, thinking i'd be able to do just that.

Right now, i have my Windows 10 PC, and Komplete Audio is connected to it. i can play stuff to the speakers just fine (except for Spotify & Winamp for some reason even after trying to upgrade the driver). Anyway, as i was jamming on the Maschine, i plugged in the Behringer from the 6.5 mm output port, to KA6 IN3 port.

i have my speakers connected to OUT1

But no sound from the 303 can be heard. i test reconnected the 303 straight to the speakers and that works just fine.

i tried connecting the Behringer 303 to IN1 with a 6.5 mm jack, but im not really sure i'm supposed to do that (although seems to plug in just fine) but even that way still no sound.

i'm sure i'm doing something wrong here, but i don't know what, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• katmai

i have also tried connecting a MIDI Cable from the Behringer 303 OUT to the KA6 MIDI IN but still no sound could be heard from the Behringer.

However, i just noticed that if i connect with a 6.5mm jack from Behringer OUTPUT to KA6 IN1 - i see the IN1 lights light up top, but no sound.

• the 1-2/3-4 switch is set to 1-2
    • the input/host knob is set in the middle, because i wanna hear the Behringer sounds as well as anything coming from the PC (Maschine/Youtube whatever)
    • the MONO/STEREO switch is set to STEREO. (i've also tried out MONO with no success)
  • katmai

i've also noticed something in the Maschine2 software - if i select WASAPI - i see the KA6 option, but if i select ASIO as per the quickstart tutorial, then i don't

• katmai

ok i've make progress. So the part above where KA6 option was not available, happened because i didn't disconnect the KA6 before installing the driver. now it shows.

• katmai

Now if only i could get the Behringer sound to pop :))))

• katmai

oh my god i am a complete noob. This turned out to me not realizing how to plug in the synth audio source in Ableton.

We're off to the races boys.

This discussion has been closed.