Kontakt 7.9.0 crash, Digital Performer v. 11.31 & MacOS 14.4.1

Options
Lars Wilson
Lars Wilson Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited April 4 in Kontakt

I have now tried other plug-ins and they work with Digital Performer v. 11.31 and with latest macOs Sonoma 14.4.1. It is clear that only Kontakt plug-in 7.9.0 is causing a crash. Hope you fix the problem with the Kontakt 7.9.0 plug-in as soon as possible. I have a started project that I am now unable to continue working on due to the Kontakt 7.9.0 plug-in causing a crash.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• efiebke
    efiebke Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 5 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi -

Unfortunately, this is a known issue that's plagued quite a few users. (There are at least two threads about this problem on this forum alone!)

Here are a few work-arounds that might be helpful:

1) Run DP 11.3.1 in Rosetta 2 mode. It "slows" DP11.31 upon opening it, but it does the trick with playing nice with Kontakt 7.9.

2) Use Kontakt 6 (if you already own it). I do this and it works nicely with DP.

3) "House" Kontakt 7.9 in VSL's VEPro 7. That seems to work well too. DP 11 and VEPRo 7 is a wonderful combination, especially when creating large templets of virtual instruments that you plan on using over and over again.

Hope at least one of these options work for you.

Answers

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,288 Guru
    Options

Are you also using a Kontrol MK3 keyboard?

That is a known problem when used with Sonoma and Kontakt 7 plugin.

• Lars Wilson
    Options

No, I don't use Control MK3. So for me this isn't the problem. I only have NI software.

• efiebke
    efiebke Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 5 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi -

Unfortunately, this is a known issue that's plagued quite a few users. (There are at least two threads about this problem on this forum alone!)

Here are a few work-arounds that might be helpful:

1) Run DP 11.3.1 in Rosetta 2 mode. It "slows" DP11.31 upon opening it, but it does the trick with playing nice with Kontakt 7.9.

2) Use Kontakt 6 (if you already own it). I do this and it works nicely with DP.

3) "House" Kontakt 7.9 in VSL's VEPro 7. That seems to work well too. DP 11 and VEPRo 7 is a wonderful combination, especially when creating large templets of virtual instruments that you plan on using over and over again.

Hope at least one of these options work for you.

• Lars Wilson
    Options

Hi! Thanks for the tips! I run DP in Rosetta and it worked! I hope NI soon will fix the problem.

• Zdzislaw
    Zdzislaw Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Kontakt 7.9.0 issue in Logic Pro. Again :)

This time it is almost impossible to navigate "folders" inside Kontakt's libraries (when of course there "folders" exists - in Damage or Factory Library for ex.)

Logic Pro 10.8.1

Sonoma 14.4.1 (Apple Silicon)

It is possible to roll back to previous version of Kontakt 7?

• Zdzislaw
    Zdzislaw Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Seems to be solved.

Opened Logic in Rosetta mode with Kontakt, then opened Logic again with native mode. Kontakt works ok now.