Why doesn't my KK S88 MK3 screen change, when I switch to another channel in Ableton?

Options
Joep1234567
Joep1234567 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 4 in Komplete Kontrol

Am I missing something obvious here?

In Ableton Live when I load up a Kontakt instrument on channel 1, my Komplete Kontrol s88 mk3 keyboard shows me that instrument on the screen.

When I load a second Kontakt instrument on channel 2, my KK s88 mk3 shows me that 2nd instrument on the screen.

But when I go back to play the instrument loaded in Ableton channel 1, my keyboard screen keeps showing me the 2nd (the last instrument loaded) and doesn't show me the instrument that's loaded on the active Ableton channel.

Why is this? And how can I make my KK s88 mk3 screen to always show me the active instrument?

Best regards,

JH

Best Answer

• Joep1234567
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Jeremy!

Full disk access wasn't enabled on my Macbook, but this didn't change the problem.

I did solve it though!

In my Ableton Live preferences. My control surface was connected to Komplete Kontrol (Main) instead of Komplete Kontrol (DAW). This was the problem.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Can you tell us your operating system so we can try to reproduce the issue?

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 864 mod
    Options

Also your version of Ableton would help too

• Joep1234567
    Options

Hi,

I'm on MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 and Ableton Live 12 Suite 12.0.1

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Joep1234567 I've just tried on a M1 Macbook on Ventura with Live 12 and couldn't reproduce the issue, using the AU or VST3 version of Kontakt 7 or a mixture of both. FRom the keyboard itself or when changing tracks in Ableton the keyboard always follow (screen and keys).

I'm not sure what could cause this on your system. Do Kontakt and Live 12 bith have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Is your Mac an Intel or a M1/M2/M3?

How is the keyboard connected to your computer?

Are you using an antivirus or firewall? Any property list cleaner (like CleanMyMac or similar)?

• Joep1234567
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Jeremy!

Full disk access wasn't enabled on my Macbook, but this didn't change the problem.

I did solve it though!

In my Ableton Live preferences. My control surface was connected to Komplete Kontrol (Main) instead of Komplete Kontrol (DAW). This was the problem.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Joep1234567 Thanks for the update, I'll keep this info for users contacting us with the same issue.

• Bay-B Joey
    Bay-B Joey Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Im having the same problem on cubase 12 pro.