Maschine+ MIDI mode not working

Percivale
Percivale Member Posts: 220 Pro
edited October 22 in Maschine

MIDI keyboard into Maschine+ I have experience making some songs in the same way before. This happened after shutting down the device, i.e. upon reboot the MIDI would not function. I had tried [Settings - MIDI], [Channel-MIDI] using past settings and messing about with both illogical and logical configurations. Nothing seems to work. I tried BT MIDI and also wired MIDI (even changing a MIDI cable just in case). In desperation, I booted into controller mode and Maschine 2 software and after messing again (as above) suddenly the MIDI worked - it was under [Settings - MIDI], setting it to focus.

I reboot into standalone mode and nothing would work again. It is not the first/last time I am using MIDI on a Maschine+. Updated firmware to the latest 2.17.5. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Percivale
    edited March 31

So I tried a synth device MIDI In/Out to the MIDI keyboard mentioned above. Goes bidirectional okay. That means it wasn't the MIDI keyboard or the cables, which only leaves the hardware or software settings on Maschine+

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,651 Expert

You mentioned changing MIDI settings, but did you set the Group/Sound to receive and react to MIDI on the channel the keyboard is sending?

• Percivale
    edited March 31

Thanks. Yep. Tried already. Now I can confirm MIDI works with MIDI keyboard on controller mode but not standalone.

• ozon

@Percivale I just tested this:

• Put a Monark instance on Group A Sound 1
    • Put a Drum kit on Group B
    • Connect Virus TI keyboard via USB
    • Settings -> MIDI -> MIDI Input -> Default -> NONE
    • Settings -> MIDI -> Input Devices -> Virus TI -> ON
    • Select Group A / Sound 1
    • Channel MIDI -> Sound -> Input -> MIDI -> Source: Virus TI

Now I can play Sound 1 via the Virus TI keyboard and to a drum pattern running on Group B.

What am I missing?

Maschine+

• Sytem Version: 1.5.1.0
    • Maschine Version: 2.17.5
    • Firmware: 0.1.9

• ozon

@Percivale ok, with old fashioned DIN MIDI cable:

• Put a Monark instance on Group A Sound 1
    • Put a Drum kit on Group B
    • Connect Virus TI keyboard via MIDI out to Maschine Plus MIDI in
    • Settings -> MIDI -> MIDI Input -> Default -> NONE
    • Settings -> MIDI -> Input Devices -> Maschine Plus/Maschine Plus MIDI 1 -> ON
    • Select Group A / Sound 1
    • Channel MIDI -> Sound -> Input -> MIDI -> Source: Maschine Plus/Maschine Plus MIDI 1

Now I can play Sound 1 via the Virus TI keyboard and to a drum pattern running on Group B.

Same as with USB.

• djenco
    djenco Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I have the same problem

• Gempe
    Gempe Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same problem here, I have my Roland JD-XA, 5 pin midi out to my Maschine Plus, nothing being received by it.

Can anyone help??

This discussion has been closed.