Can you use Maschine Mikro MK3 in Ableton Live only?

Options
edub
edub Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hey! I just purchased a used Maschine Mikro MK3 and wondering if you can connect it in Ableton 10 Live without purchasing NI's own Maschine software. I have found some other articles/discussions/forums about how to install the Maschine template but there seems to be missing pieces that doesn't allow me to do so. Thanks!

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

There are 2 ways you can use it with Ableton (or any other DAW):

Use the Mikro in midi mode to control Ableton features (but it will become the same as any other midi controller

OR

Use Maschine software inside Ableton as a plugin (you already have it since it’s bundled with your Mikro MK3 registration, together with a Maschine library packed with Groups and sounds), which imo is the best way.

Through some routings you can have Maschine SOFTWARE controlling things inside of Ableton (better because like this you’ll have the Mikro working at its best with the iteration with its software, instead of as any other “normal” midi controller).

To have an idea of what I’m talking about, check this video (you can find MANY others on YouTube):

• edub
    edub Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@LostInFoundation Thanks for the info! I couldn't figure out how to set up Maschine into Ableton without having access to the Maschine software. Since I purchased my Maschine used, I didn't have immediate access to the software. I was hoping to see if I could use it in Ableton prior to purchasing Maschine software but doesn't seem like it would. I have since purchased the Machine software, but I haven't tried relaunching into Ableton yet, but I don't think I'll have a problem since there are many resources about it.