Cubase / M32 keyboard midiremote file

Options
djskope
djskope Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi, sorry but I'm struggling - does anybody have a *.midi remote file for Cubase for the Native Instruments M32 keyboard please?

Or is there a central download area for these things?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@djskope There's not such a file for M32. The host integration does not rely on these. You can find how to setup your M32 in Cubase here: How to Integrate Your Kontrol Keyboard with Your DAW

• djskope
    Options

Thanks @Jeremy_NI

Actually a custom Cubase *.midiremote solution for the M32 keyboard does exist - it's just not so easy to find.

I concurrently posted on the Cubase support forum and User m.c. kindly provided it yesterday.

Unfortunately I can't post the link here with install instructions as I am too new, but I have attached the file in a zip. (Search the Cubase forums for posts by m.c.)

The script comes with preassigned values for all pages which can be totally altered by the user:

Page 1 → Focused Quick Controls,

Page 2 → Send Effects Levels of the selected track,

Page 3 → Frequency & Gain for the 4 bands of the selected track, and finally,

Page 4 → Some commands assigned to our knobs’ turns (left and right). This means that if we turn a knob left or right a different command is executed.

It looks like it is quite comprehensive and should greatly expand the functionality of the Cubase integration for your M32 customers. I will be trying to install/configure it after work today.

Not having a go, but it would be great if NI staff would in future work together with Cubase staff (or alone) to provide many more of these comprehensive midiremote profiles. They know their products much more intimately than the end users!

I also have a Maschine Studio + Arturia Keystep ± a Beatstep Pro etc etc which I believe would benefit from official profiles. Profiles for these have probably already been repeatedly made by individual efforts of tens if not hundreds of users of these devices all in individual pockets spread around the world.

If Native Instruments or Steinberg won't provide these profiles, maybe they would at least clearly encourage an easily accessible and clearly signposted centralised file storage area where the Customers could upload their creations in one central place for each device. Having said that, I believe that Steinberg do have a GitHub area, but it is pretty bare, probably due to being not so 'accessible' to musicians rather than coders.

Just a suggestion. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply - thanks.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@djskope There is already an integration set up, it was implemented before the new MIDI remote system in Cubase. Please note that these custom/user solutions are not officially supported so you are using those at your own risk. I understand your point and will forward your comments but I don't think there will be more development in this area for the M32 in the near future.

I've enabled you to post links so feel free to share this with other users.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,149 Guru
    Options

@djskope Thanks for that! Just installed and seems to be working nicely.

• djskope
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply again @Jeremy_NI

Here is the full walkthrough on m.c.'s custom M32 Cubase *.midiremote

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/komplete-kontrol-m32-custom-midi-remote-script/904933