Help with Mapping for Numark Total Control / Traktor Pro 3

Options
franctal
franctal Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I bought this controller second hand, and I want to use it on Traktor Pro 3. A friend of mine downloaded that version for me a while ago, but I haven't been able to make it work with the controller, even tho it has the option to add/choose the TSI of the numark total control on the software.

When I select the numark total control controller from wizard setup or controller manager settings it doesn't recognize the hardware. Only the lights of the Tempo lights up but nothing else.

Any tips will be very much appreciated.

Fran

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Options

Hello Fran,

Does the controller work normally with other software and did you already check the In-Port and Out-Port of the Controller Manager?

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 207 Pro
    Options

If I remember correctly, some Numark equipment (maybe all, I don't know) must be "unlocked" with other compatible software, then Traktor will recognize it. You have to do it every time you turn on your laptop. It's really inconvenient.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Options

That indeed applies to some of modern Numark controllers.

However, OP is trying to get the default TSI working.

• diptronic
    diptronic Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 8
    Options

I still have my Total Control! :)

I found several Traktor maps for it online. I also modified them to do things like 4 decks and trigger record.

I am 99% sure I also have the original TSI for the Total Control.

I’ve got a busy day, I’ll need to do this later (sorry to leave you hanging), but I will find the TSI files and come back and make them available to you if you still need them.