Second hand license issues

Options
Eddnog
Eddnog Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I have been trying for weeks now to contact NI about this. Still they have not given me a simple answer of how to get this item working. I do not have license key as the one it was suplied with doesn't work and would like to have that cleared and changed to my account.

Why is this so hard?

all the FAQ stuff just runs you round in circles. Please can someone help with what I do or who I contact to do this

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,837 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

It looks like the issue was solved by support on April 3rd.

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,237 mod
    Options

What are you trying to get hold of a licence key for? Is it hardware or software?

• Eddnog
    Options

hardware. Its a maschine studio thanks for the reply

• mykejb
    Options

If you have the hardware you should be able to get a licence for the Maschine software. Normally support can sort this out for you, and it shouldn't take weeks. Can you post the ticket number that you got when you submitted your support request? Just the ticket number, no personal details like email addresses or hardware serial numbers.

• Eddnog
    Options

4252383 is the latest Ticket but I have only just opened this one as have been away working for weeks.

I may be getting this wrong myself and not raising the ticket in the correct place.

I am going support hardware etc and the replys I get just give me all the places I have been to and checked, it seems to be all for people who have the liscence transfer set up etc, but can't find where i need to go to say input my serial and start a process of getting this changed or proving I have brought the device above board etc.

Sorry it may be something i'm doing wrong or been stupid but I really would love to get it working.

Thanks again

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    Options

Usually for these kind of things they take maximum a bunch days.

But something isn’t working as expected lately.

I bought a second hand Maschine Jam one month ago. The same day, the seller made the License Transfer (I was in front of him explaining him how to do it and I SAW him doing it).

We don’t have any news as today… and we are not even under Summer of Sale, Black Friday or any other moment of big pressure for support…

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,020 mod
    edited March 23
    Options

Quote 1 : "I do not have license key as the one it was suplied with doesn't work and would like to have that cleared and changed to my account."

Quote 2 : "hardware. Its a maschine studio"

I think that there is a misunderstanding here ! Standard procedure if you buy something N.I. from someone else is that seller are supposed to initiate a transfer of the item from their account to yours and give you a transfer ID that you can use on your own account.

With respect to serials for hardware then as far as I know then that is normally on a label at the bottom of the device. Though it is possible that if that got damaged that seller has given you a serial on a piece of paper that may or may not be a/the correct serial. Anyway , no matter what then if what you have been given is a transfer ID then you will have to use it in your account interface like shown here ! If it is a second hand hardware serial already registered to an account that you have been given then you simply can not use it yourself and you will have to contact account and registration support and ask them for help. If they are able to help will depend on the actual situation at hand but all you can do is to contact support and give them all the information that you have including a picture of the serial on the bottom of the device (?) and then see what they say ! (I think that they most often are able to help but I am not an N.I. employee and can not make promises on behalf of N.I. )

Support article : Buying or Selling a Native Instruments Product Second-Hand

P.S. If you have not been able to contact support and make a ticket yet then say so and I will tell you how to answer to make a ticket !

But first find out if what you have is a transfer ID or a serial ! Do not post any of that here !

• mykejb
    edited March 23
    Options

@Eddnog If you've just put a ticket in you probably won't get a response until Monday now, but as @LostInFoundation says they're usually pretty quick. They'll probably ask for a photo of the serial number for confirmation that you do actually own the hardware, but rest assured you'll get sorted out one way or another.

• Eddnog
    Options

Thanks for the help will wait till Monday and see what happens. Its an already registered serial so will wait and see the reply to my ticket. Thanks for all the help anyway at least I know I'm on the right track.

Seems very complex though. Would it not be easier for N.I to change this and have somewhere clear on there site to do this. Second hand is all some people can afford and its still more people using there products.

• mykejb
    Options

There are actually clear instructions on the NI site, but you have to know what you're looking for or hit lucky in a web search. The instructions are here - Buying or Selling a Native Instruments Product Second-Hand – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,837 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

It looks like the issue was solved by support on April 3rd.