Traktor Scratch issue

Options
Ed612313
Ed612313 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

Too many issues to put into words but ill try...

I use 3 x Technics 1210's and a Xone96 Mixer. Running traktor scratch on a Macbook Air M1 (8GB) Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.1

With 1 Turntable in particular im having the same issues.

1) Its speeds up to 300bpm chipmunk styles for 10 seconds then back to normal, then down to slow mo then back up to 300bpm?

2) I get the message calibration failed

3) If i fiddle with the red/white audio cable plugged into the back of the mixer (phono input, white button pushed down) it sometimes fixes the poor quality sound. When i fiddle with it it fixes it or makes it worse. This initially lead me to thinking the red/white cables needed replacing (admittedly they are 20 years old). I replaced these with new but the issue still happens. Maybe an issue with the inputs on the back of the mixer?

4) ive tried cleaning the needle and the stylus with no luck. When i change needles same issue. Maybe its a tonearm issue on the 1210?

5) I often get the messages "right channell missing" "left channel missing'"?

Spent too many hours trying to sort this so thought id post it here and see what i get back.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Ed

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,373 Expert
    Options

Maybe an issue with the inputs on the back of the mixer?

Just connect it to one of the other inputs that you know work.

When you play a normal vinyl, does it sound decent?

• Ed612313
    Ed612313 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks for the response....

Ive connected another TT to the same inputs on the mixer and it plays fine.....

So i dont think its the line inputs on the mixer.

It must be the Turntable. Ive cleaned the cartridge and arm where the needle is inserted and still the same. Maybe its wiring in the TT arm or maybe even an earthing wire issue? Painfull....

Thanks again for the response.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,373 Expert
    Options

What happens when you play a normal record on the defective turntable?

Maybe you have to get it repaired.